2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning driving to work I started to get a rattle coming from the front quarter that sounded like a pebble in a salad spinner. Car was still running fine and no warning lights so wasn't overly concerned. On closer inspection I found that on the long trim which runs from front to back over the roof, the rubber edge spanning the height of the windscreen had perished and separated from the plastic part of the trim (sorry long winded description but hopefully you know which bit I mean). Still being attached at the top and bottom of the windscreen, the now loose central portion was flapping against the trim and causing the rattle.

So, there was no way this loose bit of rubber was going to be fixable without it just coming loose again, so tonight I decided to just cut it off at the top and bottom of the windscreen now leaving only the plastic outer part of the trim in situ. My only slight concern is will removing this bit of rubber cause any issues? It doesn't appear to be part of the actual seal around the windscreen itself so I can't foresee any problems with leaking in the short term at least. I will probably get the whole trim replaced but the part costs around £100 so if its not going to be a major problem I will leave it until the summer.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
It might let water in to somewhere that could start corrosion but if you get it sorted soon enough that should not be a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts