2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title say washer jets don't seem to work, I've tried with a needle to unblock washer jets I've disconnected the two hoses that go down the drivers side under the bonnet , have sucked and blown on each end , screenwash bubbled and overspilled a bit out the cap so I'm sure there is no air lock or blockage, struggled to blow through the other bit that goes to the jets but it seemed OK ,still nothing , any ideas?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Can you hear the motor working ?
If so,disconnect from the jets and make sure it is actually pumping the fluid up to the jets, and check for kinks in the pipework.

If the jets can be removed try soaking them in boiling water for a few minutes and then blowing through them to clear any gunk which may have built up.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you hear the motor working ?
If so,disconnect from the jets and make sure it is actually pumping the fluid up to the jets, and check for kinks in the pipework.

If the jets can be removed try soaking them in boiling water for a few minutes and then blowing through them to clear any gunk which may have built up.
I can hear a motor working ,not sure if it's the washer jets or windscreen wiper motor noise though, when I've disconected the pipes I've tried it and nothing squirts out I've looked and pipe work I can see doesn't seem to be twisted or damaged

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the left edge of the engine bay there is a join in the washer pipe, when mine runs dry i have to run the washer with the pipe disconnected then reconnect it after, almost like an air lock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts