2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Recently my windscreen washers have stopped working properly. When used, the water only dribbles out and just about hits the windscreen with one of the two jets. I refilled the tank but was near full and the back windscreen washer works fine.

I took it to my local dealer for them to have a look and was told that the issue is due to a build up of gunk within the water tank and this isn’t covered by Hondas warranty. He said it will require the water tank to be removed to clean and also replacement of the two jets. I have only ever filled with clean water.

Has anyone else had a similar issue like this and was it covered under warranty??

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Yes....

Speak to your dealer about them, they will flush the system and replace the nozzles.

You may have to push for this, vertu where a litte slow at seeing my point of view on this, but have learnt it’s much better to work with me than against me when it comes to warranty issues with my car.

They are pretty good when working properly, but seem prone to getting blocked or not working if you put a pin in them to try and clear them yourself as they are a fan design.

Hope you get it sorted especially this Time of year.

Cheers
Darren

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,362 Posts
What you been putting in the washer bottle? Ready mixed, mix your own or mixing brands of screenwash. I’ve read that many screenwash s don’t like being mixed, some companies even warn not to do so. Plus using tap water may be putting limescale into your system. That depends on where you are geographically wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
i-Vtec
1,590 Posts
What you been putting in the washer bottle? Ready mixed, mix your own or mixing brands of screenwash. I’ve read that many screenwash s don’t like being mixed, some companies even warn not to do so. Plus using tap water may be putting limescale into your system. That depends on where you are geographically wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have only ever filled with clean water.
Looks like he has never used screen wash so may be whats caused his issue.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Hi, had similar thing with my mk9. I got a bicycle brake/gear cable cut 2 or 3 twisted strands of steel from all cable about 6in lenght and feed in to tiny hall of each washer. After few tries mine is back to normal. You might want to drain your washer bottle add some hot water and run your washers so if any gunk in there it would loosen up and come out. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts