2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 4th Honda, but for some reason it appears the dealers never function check the windscreen washers.

When I picked up my Accord Sport in 2005, then the Civic Type S in 2007 the windscreen washers have failed to operate.

Being technically minded I popped the bonnet on both occasions to find the 2 nozzles on the Accord were not connected under the plastic trim and recently the hose connection from the washer bottle to the hose thru the bodywork of the Civic not connected, spraying water all over the engine bay. Both times it was a simple DIY fix but what about the PDI I ask myself, could anything else be a miss.

The PDI checksheet only mention's the level in the bottles, not that they actually function test that they indeed work. I shall be bringing this to the dealers attention when its back in for its health check in March.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I doubt they use it bacause the checks are done after the car has been cleaned [smilie=cool.gif]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Tell them now, not later. You may forget it completely, or just forget how annoying it was.

If it were me, I would take the car back as it was and make the service manager see it for themselves. Hits home harder than a "...by the way, when I picked my car up a few months ago..."

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell them now, not later. You may forget it completely, or just forget how annoying it was.

If it were me, I would take the car back as it was and make the service manager see it for themselves. Hits home harder than a "...by the way, when I picked my car up a few months ago..."
Fair comment Bungle, it's just frustrating to think they've not checked over the car, whether it be at the dealer or in the factory. Ok, I may be using this example a bit to the extreme, but what if it were a brake pipe or oil hose.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Fair comment Bungle, it's just frustrating to think they've not checked over the car, whether it be at the dealer or in the factory. Ok, I may be using this example a bit to the extreme, but what if it were a brake pipe or oil hose.
I'm very surprised again. Dont the UK dealer spend some time with custommer showing him all the tips of the car and checking if all systems are working (including windscreen washers).

I remember the day i took delivery of my honda.
It was nice and the Chief engineer of the garage spending 1,5 hours with me.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
How Weird,

Had 2 Honda's from Phoenix so far (4 all together)
without any problems

Fingers crossed for the next one [smilie=fixtit.gif]

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
this happened to me with the megane i had before the civic, no water coming out looked under the bonnet expecting the bottle to be empty but it wasn't that it was the lack of hoses that cause the lack of water

1 - 7 of 7 Posts