2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Wing Mirror Adjustments Not Working

Electrics 
905 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Badeye 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I have a 59 plate Civic ES.

I've just come back from 3 weeks away. Prior to leaving, I pushed the wing-mirrors in.

This morning I drove the car and tried to adjust the directional glass on the wing-mirrors - neither are working. There's just no response to any button when I press.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#3 ·
Okay so I finally got round to taking my civic to the garage today for it to be looked into.

I took it to main dealer as the last time I had an issue, they sorted it out straight away and it was free (granted it was only something small that needed changing).

Anyway, I took it today for it to be looked at to see what the problem was. I said I'd wait for an hour or so, but if further work needed doing, I would have to book it back in.

They charged me £48 to look at it and identify the problem, but they haven't seemed to identify the problem. I've booked it back in for next week for them to sort it.

All that it says on the invoice is:

"CARRIED OUT CHECKS FOR WING MIRROR FAULT, CHECKED WIRING AND NO POWER GOING TO MOTOR POSSIBLE LOOM FOR FUSE BOX FAULT FURTHER INSPECTION NEEDED."

Quick question - Given I've just spend £48 to be told that further inspection is needed, will I be able to take this to a local independent garage for them to sort, or should I stick with main dealer?

(I'm clueless with cars so go easy)

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.