2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some idiots decided to have a fight against my beautiful civic type s last night which resulted in one of the wing mirrors being rotated around the wrong way.

There doesn't appear to be much damage but I'm unable to rotate it back around the correct way, it still rotates but the body of the car is in the way in one direction and it won't rotate far enough in the other direction.

I don't want to do any more damage than may have already been done inside so I think I'll have to take it to the dealers garage on Tuesday.

Does anyone have a similar experience or know what to do?
I've read lots of posts about smashing the mirror and or dangling mirrors and the end result being anywhere from £150 to £350. I haven't seen any similar to my problem though and I don't expect that I'll need to replace the whole mirror, hopefully it's just a case of knowing how to rotate it back to the correct position safely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar incident on mine, I took my car (for the first time ever!) to a car wash, half way through the brushes pushed the passenger side wing mirror in the opposite direction that it would fold normally!! However with firm and constant pressure i managed to rotate it to the correct position with no other dramas. I also got my my money back from the car wash!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
normally they are made to fold also the other way in case of hitting, so you can put them back with alot of force, you must pull hard, but normally he should come back then!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I had a similar incident on mine, I took my car (for the first time ever!) to a car wash, half way through the brushes pushed the passenger side wing mirror in the opposite direction that it would fold normally!! However with firm and constant pressure i managed to rotate it to the correct position with no other dramas. I also got my my money back from the car wash!
And how many swirls you got now :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts