2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I need a bit of help, my NS wing mirror is folding all the way forward, does anyone have any idea how to fix this???

I've had a look around the forum but the only answer I have found was to replace the whole mirror, I think this is a bit excessive as the actual wing mirror seems in perfect condition.

In case it helps I've got a 2006 Civic ES.

Thanks in advance for any help people can offer!

Luke

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Hi....sounds like the motor is incorrectly aligned. Are you aware of your mirror being forced forwards or back in any way ??.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Hello

I need a bit of help, my NS wing mirror is folding all the way forward, does anyone have any idea how to fix this???

I've had a look around the forum but the only answer I have found was to replace the whole mirror, I think this is a bit excessive as the actual wing mirror seems in perfect condition.

In case it helps I've got a 2006 Civic ES.

Thanks in advance for any help people can offer!

Luke

2006 HONDA CIVIC Original Honda Parts from Lings Honda

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did think it had been knocked, can I re-align the motor myself?

A bit more information....

The mirror moves freely once it has finished folding all the way out and sits slightly proud of the rotating base; it also seems to lock/click into a position but its incorrect and the problem re-occurs when the folding motor kicks back in.

Thanks for the help.

Luke

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
cant you just push it bk?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Sounds likes its been damaged to me if you cannot push it back manually....

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Try folding the mirror so it should be folded, so if i've read correctly, one should be tucked in the other should be normal?

If thats the case manually push it in so its level with the other, if someones forced it out while the mirrors tucked in it could have shifted the motor, this MIGHT work.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry been busy all day. Ok folded it fully in a that didnt work and yes I have tried to push it back but that didnt work.

It now also clicks when it gets to the furthest forward it can.

It looks like I will be dismantling it this weekend as I cant think of anything else for it!

Does anyone know if the wing mirror has a location pin or similar that could have come loose?

Thanks for everyones help.

Luke

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Sorry been busy all day. Ok folded it fully in a that didnt work and yes I have tried to push it back but that didnt work.

It now also clicks when it gets to the furthest forward it can.

It looks like I will be dismantling it this weekend as I cant think of anything else for it!

Does anyone know if the wing mirror has a location pin or similar that could have come loose?

Luke
Hi... definitely sounds like the motor isn't catching if it clicks or something has snapped on the motor cogs. Hope this pic helps with your dismantle job.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi i had this problem, ended up getting a new mirror, kept my colour coded housing and replaced myself in under 10 mins.

I had a look to see if it can be fixed before i decided to make the purchase and to be honest it was a waste of time, i made it worse. you will find it very difficult to service the actuall motor/gearing. I found a little metal cylinder inside the gearing getting all mashed up with all the folding and it eventually fell out, obviously this part being the stop pin.

Save yourself the bother call Honda pay £110~£130 for the new mirror and search on here for a how to on changing the door mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi

Well I did take the wing mirror apart but found that someone had already bodged a repair using a spring and a small metal cylinder to jam the motor when it reached the right position, which had broken; from the looks of it it was probably the honda garage! I did try and improvise but it wernt having any of it so it looks like I will be needed a new wing mirror and hopefully a breakers will help me with that.

I did find, the morning after I posted this, that someone had tried to break into my car through the boot destroying the rear centre light, cracking the rear right light and damaging the boot panel! So a lot of work to do now! If anyone knows where I can pick up the rear centre light I would be very happy??

Luke

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi

Well I did take the wing mirror apart but found that someone had already bodged a repair using a spring and a small metal cylinder to jam the motor when it reached the right position, which had broken; from the looks of it it was probably the honda garage! I did try and improvise but it wernt having any of it so it looks like I will be needed a new wing mirror and hopefully a breakers will help me with that.

I did find, the morning after I posted this, that someone had tried to break into my car through the boot destroying the rear centre light, cracking the rear right light and damaging the boot panel! So a lot of work to do now! If anyone knows where I can pick up the rear centre light I would be very happy??

Luke
I'd try the breakers while you look for a wing mirror. Sorry to hear mate, sounds like you're not having a great time of it :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts