2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I need a bit of help, my NS wing mirror is folding all the way forward, does anyone have any idea how to fix this???

I've had a look around the forum but the only answer I have found was to replace the whole mirror, I think this is a bit excessive as the actual wing mirror seems in perfect condition.

In case it helps I've got a 2006 Civic ES.

Thanks in advance for any help people can offer!

Luke

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did think it had been knocked, can I re-align the motor myself?

A bit more information....

The mirror moves freely once it has finished folding all the way out and sits slightly proud of the rotating base; it also seems to lock/click into a position but its incorrect and the problem re-occurs when the folding motor kicks back in.

Thanks for the help.

Luke

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry been busy all day. Ok folded it fully in a that didnt work and yes I have tried to push it back but that didnt work.

It now also clicks when it gets to the furthest forward it can.

It looks like I will be dismantling it this weekend as I cant think of anything else for it!

Does anyone know if the wing mirror has a location pin or similar that could have come loose?

Thanks for everyones help.

Luke

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi

Well I did take the wing mirror apart but found that someone had already bodged a repair using a spring and a small metal cylinder to jam the motor when it reached the right position, which had broken; from the looks of it it was probably the honda garage! I did try and improvise but it wernt having any of it so it looks like I will be needed a new wing mirror and hopefully a breakers will help me with that.

I did find, the morning after I posted this, that someone had tried to break into my car through the boot destroying the rear centre light, cracking the rear right light and damaging the boot panel! So a lot of work to do now! If anyone knows where I can pick up the rear centre light I would be very happy??

Thanks for everyones help.

Luke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.