2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if the wing mirror folds everytime i start the engine, and sometimes it folds in and all the way back out without stopping in the proper position, is this problem still related to the polyswitch fuse inside the wing mirror.
any advice would be welcomed
thanks

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts

·
more torque than the mrs
6,767 Posts
if it folds out to far its probably damaged the folding mechanism an indication its a had a knock, think a new mirror is in order..
but if they are just operating slowly then its the sod unit..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no signs of it having had a knock, unless it was done while it was parked up. but yeah they work at full power but just the fact that the driver side goes too far and i haven't even pushed the button. thanks again guys i guess its a bit DIY tomorrow to check it out. I think i'll swap the SOD over and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I’m afraid I have some bad info for you.
The problem (and mine also) is that a tab inside the ABS rotating house has been broken off.
That tab takes care for the proper position.
I’m 100% certain the SOD works fine. I’ve connected both SOD’sand the other mirror works flawless.
I took some inside pictures of both mirrors so you can see the issue which can’t be fixed because its Die Cast metal.

Foto Preview

Foto Preview

1 - 5 of 5 Posts