2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just noticed tonight that my passenger side wing mirror indicator only partially lights up.

Only just noticed it tonight when I unlocked the car as I was walking towards it. There is some illumination but just a bit.

Is this user serviceable or should I tell the garage where I bought it?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
The lights in the indicator are 3 amber leds built into the indicator unit and it is sealed so it is not a servicable item that you can do yourself,a new indicator unit i think is £48.You can try going back to the garage you got your car from and see if they replace it for you.

Reactions: padster

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just noticed there is a small chip/hole in the lens cover. I fully expect the garage to tell me its happened since I've had the car and I can say for sure it hasn't.

How easy is it to remove the cover from the mirror? Is it easy to break when removing? I don't know whether to pay Honda to do it or buy from breakers and do it myself.

If theres a chance I'll break the colour coded cover during the process It might end up costing more than going to Mr H in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hello again had exactly the same problem with the dealer i got my car from,picked my car up at night time and didnt notice that the passenger wing mirror casing and lense where broken until i checked the car in daylight,went back the next day to tell them about it and they said that its a possibility i have done it even thoe the lense was going a bit green with water going to it over time.I thought great customer service and to him thinking i was lying about it so i give up has he wasnt going to fork out for new ones. So i beared with it until my cover broke and bought new.
Anyway you might have more luck withvyour dealer..
The cover just pulls away has it just clips in along with the lense and that is justvplugged in

Reactions: padster

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Have a read here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/17942-how-replace-wing-mirror.html

Specifically:
To remove the mirror glass, just push the mirror on the outside edge (furthest from the car) so it swivels round giving your fingers access to the inside edge, then just pull the mirror out carefully with your fingers from the inside edge (do not use a screwdriver or any metal tools or you'll shatter the glass!). You can then disconnect the wires to the mirror heating element.

To remove the body-coloured shell, remove the mirror glass as above, then use needle-nose pliers and a screwdriver to release the clips which you can see from the reverse side. It's a bit fiddly, but eventually you should get all the clips undone simultaneously and the cover should come off when you tilt it forwards.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys [smilie=thumbup.gif]

Two methods to achieve same result - which is preferred?

Anyway you might have more luck with your dealer..
The car is going in on Friday to get a new battery, bumpstops replaced and a new wiper motor - I reckon they're hurting enough to try and argue :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.