2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone decided that a lovely Christmas present for people around my area was to go along the street smashing people's wing mirrors. From what I can tell the mirror and its motor still work, haven't tried the heating part yet. The indicator still works and the case popped back on but the internal bit connecting the mirror unit to the body is broken. Before I put it back together it looked like the metal part for the tilt function was broken. Am I correct in thinking that can't be replaces without replacing the mirror body unit?

Any suggestions where to buy it? It's an old high miler so I'm not fussed about it being new/perfect condition etc.

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Gawd, what's wrong with folk!

Without looking at the damage in person it's difficult to gauge the extent, can you attach some pic's?

Typically any metal damage often needs the whole unit to be replaced but you may be lucky.

Brace yourself tho as mirror assemblies are in demand so even used parts tend to command high prices. Keep you eyes peeled at online auctions and breakers.

Reference; Honda Car and Auto Parts | Honda CIVIC | MIRROR | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda Car Parts Selection OEM

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I got a note from the police and thought someone must have just clipped it while reversing past but nope!

I'll take the cover off to confirm, which is surprisingly hard now that it's only held on by duct tape!

I'm thinking whole unit, ref 14 on that site? Seems to be £170 on Cox motor parts at the mo. EBay seems to be more unless I'm missing a keyword in the search

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took a couple of pictures while removing the shut off device. You can kind of see where it's broken, the metal seems to have snapped

Seems like a full replacement to me

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Gawd, what's wrong with folk!

Without looking at the damage in person it's difficult to gauge the extent, can you attach some pic's?

Typically any metal damage often needs the whole unit to be replaced but you may be lucky.

Brace yourself tho as mirror assemblies are in demand so even used parts tend to command high prices. Keep you eyes peeled at online auctions and breakers.

Reference; Honda Car and Auto Parts | Honda CIVIC | MIRROR | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda Car Parts Selection OEM
pissed up, or high on crack normally.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Looking at pic mate I maybe wrong but pretty sure that metal didn't snap. It's just not aligned like it should be. Upper movable part it's not sitting right on lower fixed part.

To aligne it you need to move by hand and push lock on second pic a bit down so spring is tight in place. It's real pain to get it right. Belive me I've done it when I changed my motor.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at pic mate I maybe wrong but pretty sure that metal didn't snap. It's just not aligned like it should be. Upper movable part it's not sitting right on lower fixed part.

To aligne it you need to move by hand and push lock on second pic a bit down so spring is tight in place. It's real pain to get it right. Belive me I've done it when I changed my motor.

It's the central post that has snapped, if you look in the close up pic you can see a black circle where the post should be if that makes sense?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts