2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how the front wings come off?

the mrs had a little accident, no biggy really but a new wing is required :(

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Take it to a proper accident repair shop (I found a little backstreet one near me....), they may be able to beat the wing out and save it....... did one on the GF's car when I thought a new wing was needed.

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A new mrs is required too!;)
just dont tempt me ;)

Take it to a proper accident repair shop (I found a little backstreet one near me....), they may be able to beat the wing out and save it....... did one on the GF's car when I thought a new wing was needed.
thanks but as an aircraft engineer if its a case of bolting a new wing on and taking it to a spray shop then its going to be a piece of p for me to do, but i dont have a welder.

My previous car was a fully custom mr2 roadster running 300Bhp, she was chargecooled, full suspensions works, braceing the lot and i had done all the work myself which had also meant that during the course of modifying her most of the bodywork have been removed for access at some point or another

all i wanted to know was if the bodywork was bolted on or welded but i guess the knowledge on here is lacking in that area :(

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
It is bolted and possibly welded too, IIRC.

Tom

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
definately bolted (6 bolts - 2 in engine bay, 1 sort of where the headlights meet the body at the pointy end, and 3 where the wing meets the door)

might also be tack welded, but probably worth undoing the 5 easier ones (the one by the headlight is probably a bumper off job to get at), and seeing if the panel moves...

·
Registered
37 Posts
The wings are bolted on.

You'll need to remove the front bumper, headlamp, wiper arm, scuttle trim and side sill trim to get to all the bolts. Be careful with the side sill trim, you need to remove the clips from underneath and the screws at either end and then slide (possibly tap with the palm of you hand) the side sill towards the back of the car to remove it. If you try and pull it off, you'll be wanting a new side sill trim as well as a wing. Once the sill trim is off, twist the white clips in the sill to remove them and then clip them back into the trim, the clips should have black rubber/fibre seals on them, don't lose these, they help stop the sill trim from rattling. The sill trim will just clip back on when refitting, no sliding involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts