2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the moment my civ is 2 years old and I'm on my 3rd set of wipers.

The first set appeared fine, never had any real problems, eventually they started visibly bouncing and leaving lines after a year, they were obviously done so got them changed.

The 2nd set were pretty much the same however they were very squeaky and just generally noisy, got them changed at the 25000 service.

The set I am currently on have been horrendous since I got them (3 months old), Phoenix Linwood did them for £9 each which at the time I though "great deal" but now I'm a bit suss.

In lightish rain where they are on "intermittant" mode they crunch like mad, it's almost like they just completely get off shape and crunch the wrong area of the wiper down the screen.

In heavy rain and full mode they crunch like mad also unless I'm driving at high speed.

Unlike my first set which left visible lines when they were old, these ones don't leave any visible evidence of what's wrong.

So, anyone else got "crunchy" wipers ? I would take them back to the dealership but normally when you do that it's the one day it doesn't happen.

If i can arm myself with some civinfo (;)) they may take it on board

·
Registered
712 Posts
Never had any issues with mine, I had mine replaced at the 25K service (1000 miles ago). My dealer also charged £9 each (+vat). Are you sure it 's the blades and no the arms? It may be that the pivot for the arm is sticking, worth a look.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
it might be that you are using the wrong liquid - try to get a good one or perhaps add a few drops of glycerine - it should help. I'm normally using water and "Pril" 1/2 teaspoonful per five litres of water, no problems

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
If it's not the arm pivot(s) then it's most likely poor quality blades ...

The first could be a warranty issue ... the second would be your dealer passing you off with "made in China - recycled from old tyres" ! ...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it might be that you are using the wrong liquid - try to get a good one or perhaps add a few drops of glycerine - it should help. I'm normally using water and "Pril" 1/2 teaspoonful per five litres of water, no problems
I've wondered that as they changed the screen fluid at the service so I thought it may be that.

Will have a try at changing screenwash.

I suppose however given I just washed and waxed yesterday that the crunching this morning wiping the condensation off suggests there may be more to it.

A speculative trip to the dealer methinks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts