2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had black carpet mats in my old RX8,
In the winter months with all the rain we get in Scotland the carpets got covered in water and mud!
They were a pain to try and get clean,
The simplest solution was to put rubber mats on top of them in the winter months!

With the Type R having reddish carpets i did not want to use black mats
I found these from my local car accessory shop for 19.99 (for front and back)

They seem to match the R carpets better than the Honda mats:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Honda do rubber ones , there so expensive tho

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda do rubber ones , there so expensive tho
I did notice rubber mats on accessory cataloger when buy my R.
But at 19.99, after this winter will probably buy anther set for next [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Had the dark red R logo mats in mine.
For winter use i got two commercial quality carpet tiles approximately the same colour, used my mats as a template, marked them out with felt pen on the back, cut them out with scissors and punched the two locating holes. Guess you could do the same for the rear ones. The mats came free from my local carpet shop, they have lots of odd ones and twos left over from jobs and didn't need much persuading to part with some. They look quite good, are washable, rubber backed, and of course freeeee! :D

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
good thing Veritas

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I now have the honda rubber mats over the top of the red type R carpet mats They cost £50 for front and rear. Expensive, but they are well made, fit perfectly and dont move around.

I tried some cheap ones from Tescos first, but didn't like them. The tesco ones are now used for kneeling on when cleaning wheels etc.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I now have the honda rubber mats over the top of the red type R carpet mats They cost £50 for front and rear. Expensive, but they are well made, fit perfectly and dont move around.
Are the Honda rubber mats red like the carpet ones?

If you could post a pic that would be great[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Honda Rubber mat pictures as requested. As you can see by the amount of muck on them, they are earning their keep.

The rear mat goes all the way from under the front seat back to the support for the rear seat.

The front drivers mat uses the same 2 locating pins as the Type R red carpet mats. The rubber ones will fit over the carpet ones and still fit the locating pins. I find the rubber mat better than the carpet one for driving as it doesn't develop a hole where your heel is.

When the mats are clean they are dark grey - the camera flash makes them look a lighter grey than they are !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mate!

I like the fact that they are they same size as the carpet ones!

I think i might just buy a set[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Thanks mate!

I like the fact that they are they same size as the carpet ones!

I think i might just buy a set[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

I'll ring Holdcroft Honda on Monday and see what sort of price they can do them for, I can let you know if you're interested.

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
I find the proper carpet ones are quite easy to clean, they don't smell either. I had considered getting another set of mats but they held up well last year so I'll see how this year goes!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll ring Holdcroft Honda on Monday and see what sort of price they can do them for, I can let you know if your interested.
Thanks mate,
But i think i would rather deal with the garage where i purchased my R, Phoenix Honda in Stirling
I was very impressed with the parts guys when ordering my splitters and ambient lights!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Thanks mate,
But i think i would rather deal with the garage where i purchased my R, Phoenix Honda in Stirling
I was very impressed with the parts guys when ordering my splitters and ambient lights!
Ok, no problem, let's hope we both get a good deal. :D

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I will keep you in touch with the cost!
Holdcroft Honda can do a full set of these mats for £40 inc VAT. Or just the front ones for £20 inc VAT. Not bad me thinks!!:D

I'm just going to get the front ones as there is hardly ever anyone in the back of mine. How did you go on with your dealer????

1 - 20 of 30 Posts