2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the car this morning on the drive and couldn't get in the car, the doors were stuck to the seals !!!! Has anyone got a cure ?lol had to get a lift to work, also one of the door mirrors would only come down half way due to ice

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Luke warm water around the seals
Yep, get a bowl/bucket and give the doors and mirrors a good dosing.

Although check the car is unlocked... last year I was so sure my passenger door was frozen shut but it turned out that I was just an idiot. :facepalm2:

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
:rofl: Been there done that, ive even tried getting out the car with my seat belt on took a few attempts before I realised :)

·
Yorkshire Jedi
373 Posts
I used to get this in my old civic, use the key in the door lock instead of the remote unlock.

But yes some 'luke' warm water can help too.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Used to have same with mine. I just wipe some white grease around the window and door seals and that stops it freezing and sticking.

However I have no idea if the grease damages the seals in the long term so may be worth checking first.

Worked in Germany few years back when it was -10!

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
Used to have same with mine. I just wipe some white grease around the window and door seals and that stops it freezing and sticking.

However I have no idea if the grease damages the seals in the long term so may be worth checking first.

Worked in Germany few years back when it was -10!
Simlar to me, i rub mine with WD40. Make them look all clean and new too.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I stopped folding my mirrors in after the sicking crunch of hearing the motors fighting the ice one morning.

As for the doors... man up :D

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Door seals

Thanks for the info folks some good laughs there as well, I had tried the water on seals job but they still wouldn't budge, also my mirror folds automatically so how can I stop it doing that in the winter ? I have ones of those modules wired in to the windows

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks for the info folks some good laughs there as well, I had tried the water on seals job but they still wouldn't budge, also my mirror folds automatically so how can I stop it doing that in the winter ? I have ones of those modules wired in to the windows
In that case I don't think you can stop them...

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Warm water should of defrosted them, I use a big jug and pour from above all the way along the door gap allow a few seconds to work, where are you based Antarctica :)

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Door seals

I'm based on Lincoln north side uphill have put some wd40 on them so see jow it goes in morning although there's lots of snow coming he he

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
GT Spec CTR here. No problems with the door seals or the mirrors touch wood. Maybe some moisture is getting in and freezing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Guys do not use greases or wd40 etc on the seals. You may not notice it now but it will cause the rubber to perish over time. What you need is silicone spray. Silicone oil is used as a mould release agent and is also fine to use on rubber and plastic. You will need to keep applying it every few days but its as simple as picking the can up and spraying around the rubber when you get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts