2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Two weeks ago, I went into Honda in Stretford, Manchester to get two new wiper blades fitted to my 2009 Civic type S. However, a few days later, when it rained and I put the wipers on, I realised the blades were not sweeping as much windscreen as they should.

The blades Honda took off were Bosch and I know they sweep short. However, I have owned this car from new and I have previously had Honda replacement blades on and know how much of the windscreen they wipe. The ones Honda fitted two weeks ago cleaned far short of what they should.

I took the car back today and explained all of this, however, they were insisted these blades were the right ones for my car. I know they aren't. I have owned this car from new and I know how much of the screen the new blades and the second pair fitted from Honda wiped. No matter what I said, they insisted they were right. They said they have followed the chassis number of my car and it was impossible they were the wrong ones, but I KNOW they are.

Can anyone help, please? I'm so frustrated!!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
The wiper blades should be 28" for the drivers side and 23" for the passenger I think. Have you got these length blades fitted or have you got something different?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I'm assuming the type S has the auto wiper function? If not, I believe some places were fitting the longer driver (?) side blade even if the auto wipe function wasn't required, it was easier to stock one instead of two !

Not answering? Must be on the air then!

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
they might have done what the ford garage did with my wifes Smax and fitted the wiper blades on the wrong sides ( left n right wrong way round ) the rain sensor wasn't being wiped wich made the wipers go wild once it started raining

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
I bought the bosch aeroblades off ebay for 25 quid and fitted them myself. Yes, they are two different lengths, check they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to all that replied. The wiper blades are ridiculously short. They leave so much of the screen unwiped. Passengers have commenced on it but Honda are having none of it. I'm so disillusioned with them now, after years of being a faithful customer and spreading the word of how brilliant Honda is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you go on the Cox Motor parts website, you can see that they show different wiper blades for drivers side (Honda part number 76620-SMG-E11 sensor or 76620-SMG-E01 non sensor) and passenger side (76630-SMG-E01). This is for the 2006 to 2011 Civic.
This would suggest that they are different. Unless it's a different mounting, it can only be different lengths.
Do you have the invoice from your dealer? It may show what parts they fitted.
I think they may be fobbing you off, let them know you know the correct part numbers and don't let them get away with it.

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Pics?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Honda Stretford, enough said.

I use them for most of my urgent parts but they are useless unless I went in with the exact partnumber off Lings :facepalm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts