2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bosch AR813S are perfect fit. They are working perfectly for now, but I don't like how they look. They are flat with bump in the middle.[smilie=thumbdown.g:
Any solution for the original Honda wipers? Did they change anything lately?

·
Registered
181 Posts
At my latest visit at the dealer, they installed a new type wipers from Honda. And they solved all problems! No more smearing, no more loosing contact. Finally I have clear sight! They have more rounded edges they the problematic wipers. In the Netherlands they are available through the dealer, maybe in the UK as well...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have them for about 2 months now. I don't know any partsnumbers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was reading through the manual the other day and it talks about just replacing the wiper rubber, which DonDino mentioned earlier. Historically I've only ever replaced the entire wiper, but I was wondering has anyone ever just replaced the rubber? and does anyone know of somewhere on the web which sells these refills?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
My drivers side wiper has ruined my windscreen with scratches! I'm dropping the car to a detailer today who is going to try and polish them out. I went to halfords last week and replaced the honda wipers with bosch.. much better.. If they cant come out it looks like a new windscreen....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yep! I've got those scratches too, but then I had the same problem on my previous car which had Bosch blade wipers, I don't remember having this issue with the old style wipers. I wasn't aware they can be polished out though, so something to consider.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I brought to a detailer and he spent hours trying to polish out with various pads and polishes but he couldnt remove it completely... looks like if i want a scratch free windscreen will need to get a new one :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,
I purchased my 9th Gen 1.6idtec from a Honda dealership with two years warranty in Nov 2017. Both front wipers were non Honda. So I asked original Honda ones to be fitted. They were.

Five months on both split. Dealer ( Swansway Rochdale) not interested in giving me new ones. But offered a small discount if I purchased new ones for my self. Waste of time!!.

Blamed splitting of wiper on the bad weather we have had!!!!!

Went to Holdcroft Honda , which were cheaper including carriage costs. Fitted , five days later the driver side split again. Hoping to receive a replacement from Holdcroft Honda in the post soon.

Someone asked for the part no of original honda wipers

Driver side : 76620-TV0-E02 £10.55 inc VAT carriage.
Passenger side : 76630-TV0-E02 £10.55 inc VAT carriage.

Rear : 76730-TV0-E02 £10.75 £10.55 inc VAT carriage.

Made in Vietnam by Mitsuba Automotive System.

Anyone had issues with original Honda ones splitting so quickly.?

Got to say they are brilliant wipers if they lasted a little longer.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Hi all,
Anyone had issues with original Honda ones splitting so quickly.?

Got to say they are brilliant wipers if they lasted a little longer.
when i got mine delivered, the factory ones lasted about 9months (Nov > mid/late-summer iirc) pretty poor lifespan.

I went with the bosch aerotwins and decent washer fluid (Sonax xtreme 100:1). Blades are starting to show they need replacement around month 20. could just be the ammount of crap in the air over the last few weeks though - plenty of dust and pollen to gunk up the blade edge.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
When I bought my 2015 DTEC in May last year I also had a smeary unwiped glass right in my eye line.
I tried a set of Valeo wipers VM126 450MM and VM134 650MM and still the problem was there. Polishing the window with Autoglym car glass polish has also no effect.

Now I have the Bosch wipers AR 650 U en AR 450 U problem solved.:smile3:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had new wippers fitted at service by Honda yesterday. Within the aerodynamic mould is standard wiper blade but Honda replace the whole thing and throw the plastic shroud in the bin. That seems a shocking example of single use plastic,so I asked for the old ones to be left in the car.
The channel on the blade has a stop at one end, has anyone found a good quality refill that will work with the empty Honda units.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I recently got some Bosch AeroTwins.

I've still got the complete Mitsuba wipers on the garage shelf somewhere, must see how easily the rubber comes out and hopefully photo the rubber profile.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The rubber comes out so easily, it is such a blatent ripoff, especially when I had a conversation about the cost and what the normally do with the discarded ones. It's got to go in again for a clutch master cylinder because of the squeaking (they greased it last time) so I will ask about refills

61 - 80 of 80 Posts