2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my wiper motor is on the blink, so I will be looking out for a s/h replacement.

Question is, is the motor itself the same for every model? I own an EX with auto wipers, so would one from say, an S, SE or any other model do?

Is the difference only in the wiper stalk and rain sensor?

Cheers!

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Hmm, thats thrown a spanner in the works. Looks like its gonna be too much guesswork, looking out for the right unit for my car. :facepalm:

So i guess it off for a costly trip to the dealers then! [smilie=spank.gif]

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wiper

Hi all,

I'm finally doing a full guide this weekend see under post ''wiper problem'' I got my wiper motor from ebay, if u need it I'll post the part number.

I have been totally miffed with this whole wiper issue everytime I went to get stuck in the great weather won.

During the very cold spells the wiper motor worked the way it should then the thaw hit and its now worse than ever :mad:

anyway keep an eye out as will be done this weekend.

Arron

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah cheers Arron,

I've also managed to source a s/h wiper motor to suit my vehicle. Just got delivered today.

Looks like it will have to go on the back burner for a bit, as I've got more important issues elsewhere on the car to attend to. :mad:

Looking forward to your guide though, as I can find nowt of use on tinterweb. :pcguru:

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woohoo, my wipers finally work properly!

Finally got my s/h wiper motor in today, and I know its early days and Im tempting fate, but its a success!

Only cost me less than £40, a (wet and windy) saturday morning and some minor head scratching (when they parked halfway up the windscreen on the first installation! :rolleyes:)

No way on earth i'd part with £300 for Honda to have a go!

I hoped to be uploading some sort of guide but halfway though the install, my hands were too greasy to take any more photos! :facepalm:

Nevertheless, if i can manage to get something together, I will. :)

Now, just that naff paintwork too attend to... :worms:

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Hi all,

I'm finally doing a full guide this weekend see under post ''wiper problem'' I got my wiper motor from ebay, if u need it I'll post the part number.

I have been totally miffed with this whole wiper issue everytime I went to get stuck in the great weather won.

During the very cold spells the wiper motor worked the way it should then the thaw hit and its now worse than ever :mad:

anyway keep an eye out as will be done this weekend.

Arron
Yes, confirm the part number please, is it PFKL828911?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts