2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy windscreen wiper rubber refills for the Civic?
I was informed by my local auto shop guy that the only place to get these is from the dealer. Phoned them yesterday and was told that they don’t sell them separately any more as they are only 60 pence cheaper than the complete arm (????)
So I would have to pay about £22 for the pair when I only need the rubbers.

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
£22 isn't bad at all. It's a safety mechanism at the end of the day, I'd just get it spent.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
£22 is also a fair bit cheaper than if you go to Halfords, I was surprised how cheap they were.
To be fair it's so much easier just to change the entire thing I'd pay the extra.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, must admit it is quite a good price. It's just a bit annoying having to replace a perfectly good part when i could have replaced just the rubbers for a quarter of the price.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't think that the arm will be good forever, mine was just 3 years old, and even after changing the rubber, it failed to do a spotless job on the edges (very annoying). Therefore I needed to change the whole arm, and that worked. And I paid almost the same price as for the rubbers only. Weird...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.