2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just noticed that when the wipers are set to intermittent, and the car is not moving, once you release the break pedal the wiper will wipe immediately.

I thought it was a good think to share!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've noticed if you have them on the shortest setting, they are on permenently whilst moving and intermittent when stationary ;)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I'm assuming you guy's are using the auto wiper function... I've tried this and cannot get on with it, don't know if my auto function works properly.

When set on auto and driving in town it moves too fast very annoying not the normal speed, and when stationary it is on intermittent.

The speed switch does not seem to make a difference whichever speed it is set on.

So I can't use intermittent as this is for auto use only. So have to hit the stalk up for one wipe.

Anyone have this problem..?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm assuming you guy's are using the auto wiper function... I've tried this and cannot get on with it, don't know if my auto function works properly.

When set on auto and driving in town it moves too fast very annoying not the normal speed, and when stationary it is on intermittent.

The speed switch does not seem to make a difference whichever speed it is set on.

So I can't use intermittent as this is for auto use only. So have to hit the stalk up for one wipe.

Anyone have this problem..?
mine does not have the Auto Function.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
im getting a new wiper motor under warranty,mine arent auto wipers,they started not working correctly on the intermittent setting,i would put them on this setting and they would swipe 4 or 5 times in a row then stop,then do the same again,then swipe when they want,now they have started to stop in the middle of the screen at random times on any setting,,

after looking on here it seems this is a fault that shows up in the winter months

1 - 9 of 9 Posts