2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Has anyone tried the HONDA WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING HANDSFREE INTERFACE from XCarLink?

I have an 09 2.2ex cdti (sat nav) and trying to decide which adapter to buy. What do you recommend?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Hi,
Check the Yatour kit on ebay(50~60). Same as XCarlink. It has a bluetooth module also in option for about 40euro.

I have the USB/SD/line in module, and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Reactions: scrott901

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help dudes!
I would prefer bluetooth for the ease. Yeh I will be getting the y cable as well, just need the confidence to take the car apart lol

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Currently I'm waiting for this to see if it's compatible and works as I think it might. It may emulate an iphone...

Bluetooth USB Wireless A2DP AUX Music AMP Audio Stereo Receiver Adapter Speaker | eBay
Ok this does emulate a storage device that's compatible with the OEM head unit. However the sound quality doesn't appear to be all that great, it sounds choppy and there is a delay of about 4-5 seconds so not great for sat nav.

I also bought
USB Wireless Bluetooth 3.5mm AUX Music Audio Stereo Receiver Adapter Dongle AMP | eBay

&

EXTRA SHORT BETWEEN 10cm to 30cm Stereo 3.5mm Jack to Jack Audio Cable Gold | eBay

which provides much better sound quality, so I will stick with this one.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
It does work, but... there is a few seconds delay between music starting and changing tracks, plus the sound on occasion was jittery. That said it's only a few quid so you could give it a go.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
It's a USB stick plugged into the USB port in the armrest, it doesn't sync as far as I remember. I stopped using it very shortly after buying it and went with a standard usb bluetooth adaptor with a short gold plated cable into the aux in the armrest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yatour kit compatability

Hi

Can anyone advise as to whether the Yatour kit with Bluetooth will work with a 58 reg Civic with factory fit Sat Nav?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts