2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am looking around and cant find where Syx told how to find wire in footwell place for reverse light. I dont want to go with wire to boot as I bought wireless camera. So I will connect HU reverse signal wire directly to somewhere near in footwell...

Wireless camera have transmitter who is in same time with camera connected to reverse light bulb.
Receiver have yellow video which goes to HU, and also 2 wires for power supply. So also question is where is easyest to find switched 12v (so not drain battery).
I saw it could be remote wire from HU, but I need some other wire. Maybe from cigarette lighter? Please some advice.

I tried to connect receiver directly on car battery just for test, and its working good.

But I need switched 12v and wire in footwell place for reverse light.

Thx, hope my english is good enough to understand me what I want....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks man. You helped me a lot with info. Tomorrow morning I go to try that way.

So in that guide I need bottom right for switched 12v (power for r.camera receiver), and top far left to connect in HU (reverse input signal), so dont need wiring through car.

Much easier than wired reverse camera than.

P.S. hope my car have that option connector in fuse box, hehehe....until tomorrow..

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Yup, that's how I did it. I didn't get a wireless one though and ran a cable through the car, but it still saves splicing into the rear view lights.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done and works good on those connections in fuse box. Thanks!

P.S. suggesting to buy wired camera, as wireless have not reception how I want. Picture sometimes not stable...I will order wired now.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
If you wire it up this way, does it allow you to turn the reverse camera on any time while still automatically switching when reverse is selected?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Yup, that's why I did it like that. You've got constant power going to the camera but also an independent signal which a double din knows means it should switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts