2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with NHB with 18's painted their calipers red? I know it sounds a bit chavvy bit i really think it would set a car like the Civic off even more. I see ebay do non-wearing Civic & H transfer for calipers to. Maybe red caliper & black Civic transfer on it ???

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
cool sounds good , bit hard to get good finish i found i painted mine bright yellow looks cool thow

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
what like here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149&highlight=red+brakes

I'm getting good at remembering previous posts (3rd one now)
I'm impressed! :D

(at both your memory, and the painting :lol:)

For info - you can get special caliper (high temperature!) paint from Halfords.
Do NOT use bog standard hammerite unless you want that "I brake so hard I cook my brakes!" effect, and a dodgy smell...

If you are going to do it, I would recommend taking the calipers off (no need to take them right off) as you really don't want paint on the discs!

(although there is a funny pic of someone who has done that on Google somewhere...)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was thinking that nice shiny Black calipers could look nice on a NHB. Save them getting dirty with Brake dust as well.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I should clarify my previous post...

Obviously, you need to be very careful not to get paint on the pads or the cylinder thing that pushes the pads.

Ideally, you would bleed the brakes, take the calipers off
strip them down so that you have just[/b] the caliper
mask up the bits you don't want paint on
carefully paint them
dry the paint (usually done in the oven whilst your significant other is out :lol:)
reassemble

:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking that nice shiny Black calipers could look nice on a NHB. Save them getting dirty with Brake dust as well.

I agree, that would look really good especially i think with a red H logo on the caliper aswell???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts