2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well found this on your site:

Torque Developments International | Performance Experts.

I have a few questions and they are:

How easy is this to install on a scale of 1 - 10. (10 being hardest)?

It says "without major mods" what comes under major mods and what sort of components would need upgrading for this kit? (My current mod list is in my signature)

What other jets are avaliable and at what price? Im looking for around a 50-75hp gain with nos.

Thanks

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Not read your post in massive detail, although this may help....This is what I asked them....

With the kit you’ve recommended, does that supply a gauge that tell you how much pressure you have left in the bottle.

I think you might be confusing pressure with volume. Assuming I'm correct and you'd really like to know how much nitrous is remaining in the bottle, unfortunately a pressure gauge can't tell you that. We do offer a 'bottle contents indicator' which is an additional feature that can be added to our ultimate controller - the Max Extreme Race, but both our outside your budget. Without it, the only way to know how much nitrous is remaining in the bottle, is to weigh it.

I hear that the NOS is activated via your throttle, again, is this also included within the kit? I noticed that on the Type R image that you sent, (which is an older version to mine) that they had parts within there glove box, are these essential?

A progressive controller and gauge are always benefical but are only essential for power levels above 50bhp.

Ideally I would like a Kit which is easily fitted, but at the same time, easy to take apart if I were to sell the car,

That's one of the benefits of nitrous injection, the system can easily be removed from one vehicle and fitted to another.

I don’t want gapping holes in the carpet/floor where the canister has been stored etc.

It's not normally necessary to drill holes for the bottle bracket because gromets that are already present in the floor can just be removed and replaced. A whole in the intake tube will remain once you have removed the injector, but the rubber hose can easily be replaced.

Lastly, what are the dangers of NOS and my car? From what I can tell, as long as its fitted right, there are no dangers….?

Yes as long as OUR nitrous oxide system is fitted and used correctly on an engine which is in a good condition and has no weaknesses as standard, nitrous oxide will NOT damage the engine.

Thanks for the help Lisa, appreciated,

Thanks for your appreciation, but it's my pleasure so please don't hesitate to ask me any further questions you might have.

Regards,

Lisa
Wizard of Nos

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
This may also help

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for providing the answers to my questions, which will allow me to give you a personalised quote and advice. Below please find a quote and then scroll down to your e-mail for the answers to your remaining questions.

As you have such a tight budget and only want a modest increase for raod use, I will offer you our basic system;

Street-Blaster 150i = £514
Fitting = £450 - £50 DISCOUNT = £400
Sub Total = £914
TOTAL (including 20% VAT) = £1096.80

Obviously the total with fitting exceeds your budget, so you might like to consider one of two options;
1) Contact your nearest WON agent from page http://www.noswizard.com/uk_map.php for a quote as their fitting charge could be less.
2) Fit the system youself with the help of a friend who has some mechanical knowledge and without activating the system bring your car to us or an agent to have the installation checked and tested. Assuming it has been fitted correctly, it should only take up to 1 hour to check and test - costing considerably less than a full installation. If you choose this option and we only spend up to 1 hour on the car, the cost will be as follows;

Installation Inspection = £50
Sub Total = £564
TOTAL (including 20% VAT) = £676.80

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Forgot to say, it was a "oli's being Tight" quote. lol

This may also help

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for providing the answers to my questions, which will allow me to give you a personalised quote and advice. Below please find a quote and then scroll down to your e-mail for the answers to your remaining questions.

As you have such a tight budget and only want a modest increase for raod use, I will offer you our basic system;

Fitting = £450 - £50 DISCOUNT = £400
Sub Total = £914
TOTAL (including 20% VAT) = £1096.80

Obviously the total with fitting exceeds your budget, so you might like to consider one of two options;
1) Contact your nearest WON agent from page http://www.noswizard.com/uk_map.php for a quote as their fitting charge could be less.
2) Fit the system youself with the help of a friend who has some mechanical knowledge and without activating the system bring your car to us or an agent to have the installation checked and tested. Assuming it has been fitted correctly, it should only take up to 1 hour to check and test - costing considerably less than a full installation. If you choose this option and we only spend up to 1 hour on the car, the cost will be as follows;

Installation Inspection = £50
Sub Total = £564
TOTAL (including 20% VAT) = £676.80

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
you cant just say you want 50-75bhp just like that..all depends whats done to the car etc. plus an engine can only take so much..unless youre getting huge jets but then youre going to need more done to the car :)

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Is it true when NOZ kicks in you get green and blue flames and suddenly have a 20 speed gearbox to do 1/4 miles like what it does in the movies? :popcorn: :lol:

It is good but it also works out quite expensive.
I used to run it on my old EP3 to good effect and we also have provision to run it on our race cars. Pretty straight forward to install and operate but it's the price of the gas and how long it lasts you have to think about. ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
I always rent a gascilinder. Contains 35 kg. Weighs 105 kg when full. Good for 6 refills when you have a 11 lbs nitrous bottle.
I don`t have a pump. I refill with the gravity trick, although it`s impossible to get the last few kilo`s out of the gas cilinder.

The gascilinder costs me about 289 Euro for 3 years rented. Add some extra 25 Euro for transport, insurance, maintenance, certification etc.
A new full gascilinder is 89 Euro.
Some of the expense is rebated by filling the nitrous bottles of some of my nitrous buddies.

As for the mods done on my car, I have an AAS race manifold, my own custom short ram intake, flashpro and stock (modified) catback and I`m on a 100 bhp nitrous shot without any problems.
Can recommend it to anyone.

Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Just a note to mention that we keep two bottles of nitrous gas in stock for refills, and we use a high pressure pump to ensure your bottles get filledproperly :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts