2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help i get a wobble feeling like mainly coming from passenger side front, only when accelerating feeling worst between 48mph and 58mph took it to Two Mills Honda they took a look at it and said i needed to replace my NSF drive shaft.

They said it would be £200 to swap it with another car's one to see if it was the problem, but then could not keep it would have to pay another £400 for a new one to be fitted, or just pay the £400 in the first place! I took the third option which was to get a second hand one from salvage yard and get it fitted.

It felt exactly the same with the second hand one so had the tracking done, all wheels balanced and font a rear wheel swapped and still exactly the same. My car i a 1.8 Civic Type S GT 07 plate so is out of warranty by about 6 months :( I have sent an email to Honda UK complaining and this was the response:

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Honda (UK).

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in dealing with your enquiry, unfortunately due to the volume of letters, emails, and phone calls that Honda receive on a daily basis, on occasion our responses can take slightly longer than we would like.

Unfortunately, a car will experience wear on components and parts as it is driven, and faults are inevitable, we do understand that the faults you mentioned should not have occurred in a vehicle of this age, however due to the vast amount of mechanical components that are used in our vehicles we can never say any particular part will be guaranteed for a certain length of time.

However due to a firm belief that customers should be covered for a period of time in the event of a failure all our vehicles are supplied with a 3 year or 90,000 mile warranty from the date of registration. When a car has problems beyond this time period, we consider the circumstances carefully and sometimes contribute towards repairs.

Please accept my apologises if you thought that you felt that Two Mills Honda were charging excessively for the proposed repair work; however the price of repairs that are offered by Honda dealerships are prices competitively to that of other vehicle manufacturers and are determined by a variety of factors. These include materials used for the parts, transportation, and the labour involved in the manufacturing process and fitment all contribute to the cost of using a genuine new Honda part.

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing a problem with your vehicle and I would like to ask if you would take your vehicle in to your local Honda Dealership when ever is convenient for you, or alternatively speak to the service department regarding the ongoing issue to offer them an opportunity to investigate it further.

Again I apologise for the inconvenience that this may have caused you and I thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to contact Honda (UK).

Please do not hesitate to contact me on 0845 200 8000, quoting reference number 634461 if you wish to discuss this further.

Yours Sincerely
Honda (UK)

Jasmine Grewal
Customer Relations
Anyway my car is booked for it's 50k service this Wednesday 26/01/2011 and they are going to have a look at it. I have booked it into Honda Chester instead of Two Mills as i have little faith in them, i will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks deni.babe but looks like the thread that you directed me too the guy eventually gave up without solving the problem :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both driveshafts replaced by Honda costing me £940 car fixed (except they said that my clutch is on the way out). Not happy having to spend so much money on a car that isn't that old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts