2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this today when driving over a bumpier road with the radio off - my passenger seat wobbles and makes a knocking sound over bigger bumps. Quite annoying. I had a look and feel around the seat without taking off any trim, but couldn't spot any obvious bolts. Has anyone come across this ?
How can I get the seat out ?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,623 Posts
To remove the seat there are four bolts (one at each corner of the seat) under plastic covers. Also you'll need to disconnect the Airbag wire (yellow) Do NOT do this with power on, so disconnect the battery first

Hope this helps;)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I noticed this today when driving over a bumpier road with the radio off - my passenger seat wobbles and makes a knocking sound over bigger bumps. Quite annoying. I had a look and feel around the seat without taking off any trim, but couldn't spot any obvious bolts. Has anyone come across this ?
How can I get the seat out ?
Mine does the same thing, most peoples probably wobbles. But they have stereo playing or a loud exhaust which drowns out the wobble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Is the seat actually loose (i.e. have you tried to move it by rocking it side to side)? I wouldn't let anyone travel in that seat until it is secure.
No, the seat isn't loose like the whole top and bottom move side to side.

Its the recliner section, its moves maybe 1cm on very bumpy roads. :) when somebody is sat in it, it doesn't move.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I have a rattle when the missus leaves the seatbelt caught on the reclining handle... eventually I clock it and throw the seatbelt back so it is hanging freely. Worth considering before you start unscrewing seats etc...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have a rattle when the missus leaves the seatbelt caught on the reclining handle... eventually I clock it and throw the seatbelt back so it is hanging freely. Worth considering before you start unscrewing seats etc...
Nah this completely different, seatbelt is hanging freely on mine lol! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
This annoyed me to no end. It turns out there was a few issues:

1. The seat belt at the lowest position will always hit the interior plastic when you hit bumps/turn.

2. When the seat is in it's furthest position (i.e. Most leg room for the front passenger), the seat and the seat belt would sometimes touch each other while you drive, causing knocking noises.

Fix: set the seat belt to the highest possible position and move the seat forward enough so the seat is no longer in line with the seat belt. Alternatively, just try driving with the seat belt attached (like you have a ghost passenger lol).

Give it a go and report back! No harm done trying!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
This annoyed me to no end. It turns out there was a few issues:

1. The seat belt at the lowest position will always hit the interior plastic when you hit bumps/turn.

2. When the seat is in it's furthest position (i.e. Most leg room for the front passenger), the seat and the seat belt would sometimes touch each other while you drive, causing knocking noises.

Fix: set the seat belt to the highest possible position and move the seat forward enough so the seat is no longer in line with the seat belt. Alternatively, just try driving with the seat belt attached (like you have a ghost passenger lol).

Give it a go and report back! No harm done trying!
I know mines the actual seat back, as when it wobbles i hold the seat and it stops wobbling. Lol! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue, altough it is in "my" passenger seat, which makes me think that this problem is present in both seats if nobody were actually driving. As you said it is stopped holding the seat back with the elbow.

I dismounted the seat plastic trim that covers all the reclining mechanism and I think I identified the origin of the sound, but couldnt figure out what to do to stop it.

It is a rod with a retainer washer that sits loose in its housing. The rod is pulled tight whenever the reclining handle is operated, and I guess that this leads to the loosening of the rod and washer after a few times. I don't have any pictures, but if you open the trim, you can quickly see the retaining washer of the rod I'm refering to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I managed to get some kind of rubber washer in the mentioned rod, but the cliking noise is still present. I have reproduced the noise by myself pulling the seat back and forth, it seems to come from the rail itself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts