2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

this is my first post so please support!

I cant decide if I should buy these 18 inch alloys for my Type s 2.2 GT. (silver)

let me know what you think?

Thanks,

R.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
they look like the 19" Lightning rims from Honda, but these are silver while those are gunmetal. look em up! they looks sweet by the way but not my cup of coffee

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah noticed the black, but felt they would not work with the silver car. Don't you agree It's important the wheels suit the car. I like these but don't know how they will look on the Honda . I might need to do a PhotoShop exercise

Thanks guys.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Black definitely! I'm really thinking about black wheels for my silver Civic too ;-)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Black would certainly help hide the brake dust that covers my current alloys. Any other wheels you guys think look good before I commit to buying?

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Cant commit to going black, I dont have the balls to spend a grand and then decide I dont like it.

I also like these wheels, thoughts??

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/18_Inch_Kei_Racing_Force_10_HS_Alloy_Wheels__PI_1299_120_106_977_977_303.jpg
They are alot less than £1000 mate, but if you decide to go black, or not, have a look at Revolution Motorstore :: Alloy Wheels Tyres Auto Performance & Styling. Really good site and prices and 0% interest too which helps ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have black wheels on my Alabaster CTR.
Check it my pics if it help you.
I was in the same position as you, unsure about black, but now I love love love them... and so much easier to keep clean!! The brake dust just makes them look matte black, which still looks sick :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Coste , thanks I'll check it out. I can get these alloys for around £450 but I'll need to invest in new tyres.
I think even after the 25% discount wolfrace is still more expensive. I'll look in to that though. Cheers

·
Registered
326 Posts
Coste , thanks I'll check it out. I can get these alloys for around £450 but I'll need to invest in new tyres.
I think even after the 25% discount wolfrace is still more expensive. I'll look in to that though. Cheers
who is the discount with?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wolfrace website offer forum members 25% discount however I have found a few online retailers selling assassins cheaper still. Can't remember the specific sites but I'll post when i get in from work.
How's it going?

I'd been eyeing up those silver assassins for a while too - have you made a move on them yet? I even emailed wolfrace to ask for some photos of them on any car (so I could photoshop), but no luck! Seem to be a bit of a rarity..

Also, I haven't yet decided between 17 or 18 - any particular reason you decided 18? I'm worried about ride comfort on Irish roads which are in apocalyptic condition at the moment....

I'd love to see some photos if you got them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts