2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Woman has Written my car off...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Farqui 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, been really stressful weeks but anyway long story short a woman was speeding and ripped the front bumper off my civic pretty much all front end damage. Nothing major really slight damage to radiator etc but requires all new front end parts.. 2wings, arch trims,headlight,grille,bumper,radiator..

Well I've been told they wanna write it off as parts only estimate comes to near 3k. So plus labour and your talking 5k ish...

They have foned me today and offered 5k for it.. I'm unsure what to do really as buy the time I pay my excess etc.. I'll be left with just under 4k without my car as they only pay out 91% because of my mods. Exhaust system,induction kit,tinted rear windows, alloys...

Or I can have the car back n be left with just under 3k to repair it..

What would you guys recommend..

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
My insurer is admiral.. Tbh they been pritty rubbish my car was taken away the 4 week ago n it took em this long to finally get somewhere. No courtesy car because they were writing it off only give me one if they fixing it.. Underwriters took forever too 2 weeks to clear claim paper work.. The car was already a cat d which I knew but was fixed.

I'm thinking of fixing it as I don't know what else to have really for tht kinda money.. Plus tbh I love honda's went from my dc5 to the fn2..

It's my 1st accident in 11yrs of driving so claiming is a bit new to me

Here's the estimate they sent for parts..

#6 · (Edited)
It wasn't my fault but they are deeming it's my fault due to pulling out from a minor rd onto a major.. I stopped as couldn't see to my right due to parked cars and Vauxhall insignia came speeding saw me last minute n ripped my front end off hence not hitting me direct in the wing..

They wrote her car off too with wing n alloy wheel damage n PSG door..

To keep the car I'd have to pay 1150 salvage so I'd be left with just under 3k..

Mines a 57 plate gt with 76000ish miles n was valued by glasses for 5600 private sale

#7 ·
If it was already cat d, then take it and get it fixed. The bodywork can be sorted any competent DIY'er. You'd probably want it checked over first tho to ensure there isn't and nasty structural damage

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.