2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Civic soon and have seen one for sale stating the following:

"Sometimes the display on the clock is a bit wonky - must be a loose wire or something"

and was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem, what it is and if it can be fixed, and roughly how much it would cost.

I have had a good look using the search and nothing has come up.

Thanks in advance

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I don't see how a loose wire could make the display wonky on the clock. I'd ask for more info, pics if possible.

Sounds dodgy to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also have an intermitent wonky clock display,only half is displayed,2007 civic 5dr s only had this car for a week and it is now going back to honda for exhaust rattle when changing gear and noisy suspension drivers side it sounds like a clonk over smooth bumps

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I think what they mean is what I had on mine. It's lengthy to describe which is probably why he uses 'wonky'. What happens is all the pixels on the screen come on at once but at reduced brightness. With every LED lit you obviously can't read a thing. It is intermittent though. Normally when it happens the radio turns itself on ( if off ) with a loud bang through the speaker. Most people suspect it's a dry solder joint but if it's a new clock unit then you're talking in the hundreds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts