2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing winds me up more than fitters who don't put registration plates on straight. Its not as though the manufacturers don't put guide holes in the bodywork for them.

But 2 things puzzle me - how do they know where the guideholes are when they place a new plate over them ready to drill? And, how do they stop the hole from rusting when they've drilled a hole through it?

Hmmm............does the fridge light turn off when the door is closed :? ?

Answers on a postcard please :)

B.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No chance of them rusting mate. front bumper and rear tailgate are both plastic. :wink: :) [smilie=superkewl.g:

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
My plates are stuck on with large double sided sticky pads would you believe. If I ease the front one out slightly on the end, I can see the pads that are holding it on. I was a bit worried about it at first but after 5 monthes of owning the car they still seem solidly fixed. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear tailgate is plastic and the reg plates are stuck on.........no way - really? I could have sworn the rear hatch is metal :eek:

B.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
The tailgate is metal but the outer painted part is plastic (have a look / feel).
I've had a few stuck on plates in the past and a few fall off too, go for a proper screw fixing it's much safer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts