2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
Obviously you've tried various CD's including originals (not CDR's).

Next step is to put a cleaning CD through to clean the lens.

After that it's a swap out I would think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine has started doing this on occasion plays fine most of the time. Could it really be just a lens cleaner issue?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
Possibly, muck and dust must build up in there if you use it a lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I get the exact same thing, crazy thing is it wont work at all but when I have been on two long runs in the last week it started playing the CD again, sadly as soon the engine was off and I came back next morning it has the same error again...

How much are these to replace? i've just ordered a CD cleaner see if that helps..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got exactly the same problem but it seems that it's a head unit software issue as I get this error when reaching end of a CD and then it becomes persistent for a while.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
I'd guess at dirt build up stopping the laser track moving out to the disc outer edge.

Not a lot you can easily do with that other than unit out and clean it. Not a job for the unwary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Kremmen: Should not be that hard though. I did some VHS a long ago so I guess head unit will be one level above it ;-)

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,405 Posts
I've no idea but I know that CD's, unlike vinyl records, play from the inside out, so if CD's are terminating early then I'm only guessing that the laser can't get that far out.

Does this happen to all CD's and CDR's that you have burned yourself?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow amazed, after months of it barely working I tried an original CD again, alas no change so just left it in the player for days ejecting it and putting it back in numerous times...still no good.

But then a few days ago it suddenly came back on, since then its worked perfectly and my cdr mixes work fine aswell. Honda the car that even repairs itself! :);)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts