2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Type-R - My first Honda.

The Type-R is the only FN2 we get in Australia - the rest of the Civic line is an older/different body shape / spec.

We only get one model of the CTR - the GT (but they don't call it the GT 'cause there's no need to differentiate).

I got a Milano Red "GT" with:
- Boot Liner
- Interior Accent Lighting
- Emblem Kit (not yet installed on the attached pic)
- Premium Floor Mats
- iPod Adapter (sounds great but talk about limited...)
- Boot Organiser (which I can't fit in the car because of the enormous subwoofer) [smilie=cheeky-grin:

The CTR here is $39,995AUD which works out at [SIZE=4]£[/SIZE]18,652.85GBP so it actually got about £350 cheaper by transporting it to the "colonies" :)

I also got a few things as standard which it would appear the UK version doesn't have:

- Spacesaver Spare Wheel
- Tie Down Net
- Rear Seat Pocket

I live with 2 other guys who both bought new cars in the couple of weeks preceeding my purchase. One bought a Holden (Vauxhall for you lot) Astra SRI Coupe and the other a Mazda SP23.

They are both sukling because as the CTR is sooooo much more in every way. :cool:

PS: My number is 11523.

I love being seen in it because they only allocated 1200 of the CTR for the whole of Austraila. Take a look at a map and compare the size of the UK and Australia and I think you can see just how rare they are out here.

Anyway - nice to meet you all (I've already learnt quite a few things about my car from reading what you all have to say) and I'll be around...

What is life without VTEC? I Ask you?

-H

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome mate

And to top it all you have a lot better weather to enjoy it even more.

Nice motor mate,and welcome to the best Civic site around:eek:

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And to top it all you have a lot better weather to enjoy it even more.
Heh... yeah although i had to wait over a week to see the auto wipers in action.

When they did go off for the first time I was really excited. Mate sitting beside me looked at me like I was mad...

awesome. even your number plates look better !
I had to special order them - the standard ones over here are what you guys would call "naf" - whit backgrond and BROWN lettering... no thanks...

I got a slim one for the front and a fat one for the back (I think the slim one would have looked kinda lost on that enormous a$$)

-H

PS: Thanks for the warm welcome...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I'me jealous you've got a lovely car and live in a beautiful city, I enjoyed a couple of weeks there a few years back.:mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts