2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

My front wheels are getting very hot after 20 miles drive on motorways. The rear wheels are fairly warm and no near as hot as the front ones.

There is no noise coming from the wheels and the amount of brake dust is normal (new front pads and brake discs).

Is this a symptom of worn bearings, even if there is no strange noise coming from wheels ?

Thanks guys:)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had disks and pads changed at a local garage...so I can't tell. I understand that noise is not always a symptom, it is a classic symptom but not all the time.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
If you have a worn bearing you'll have play in the wheel.

Jack the car up and grab hold of the top and the bottom of the wheel. Pull the bottom and push the top and vice versa. If the bearing has gone you'll be able to rock the wheel back and forth. If it's solid, then in all likelihood the bearing is fine.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the brakes checked this morning and after a little bit of grease it seems that the wheels are not getting too hot. The rear wheels seems to be a lot cooler than front ones though.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cooper grease?
I think so.

Meantime I've changed the wheel bearing as well, just to be sure, and the result no more hot wheel. The mechanic had to fight the bearing to change it - anyway the wheel temperature is down now:D .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts