2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I am about to buy an after market head unit official Honda fascia and Connects2 kit. can I just remove the old head unit, connect the Connects2 kit and install the head unit? or do I need to keep the old head unit wires in somewhere?

I have checked the Wiki but can't find a definite answer,

My car is a 2010 Type S GT!

Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's a simple job to do. Just remove the factory unit, plug in the Connects2 kit, plug in the new head unit and away you go.

Don't stress too much about it. Just take your time and relax while doing it.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
It's a simple job to do. Just remove the factory unit, plug in the Connects2 kit, plug in the new head unit and away you go.

Don't stress too much about it. Just take your time and relax while doing it.
This pretty much sums it up.

It's an interesting adventure getting the trim out you need to get out, handbrake area, under the steering wheel, top plate above the stereo. But just follow a how to and it's easy :) Just be patient.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Also helps if you have a trim removal tool (or an old credit card, which does the job as well). Take your time, don't force clips, and make sure you put everything back in before you fasten everything in place! Having to take apart my dash again after forgetting to put the bolts in underneath the stereo was a right pain in the arse.

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
Also helps if you have a trim removal tool (or an old credit card, which does the job as well). Take your time, don't force clips, and make sure you put everything back in before you fasten everything in place! Having to take apart my dash again after forgetting to put the bolts in underneath the stereo was a right PITA.
There speaks a man with experience :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you had a thin flat metal strip with a 90° lip on the end could you fish a cable into the back of the radio through the compartment above the gearstick as there's limited access when the lids open.
Cable could be held on by bluetack while getting it into position.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Also helps if you have a trim removal tool (or an old credit card, which does the job as well). Take your time, don't force clips, and make sure you put everything back in before you fasten everything in place! Having to take apart my dash again after forgetting to put the bolts in underneath the stereo was a right pain in the arse.
Why do you need to do this after fitting a after market head unit ??? I did nt refit them !!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Can anyone help ...if I put a new radio in my civic will the aux lead in the centre box work with it ...also the new head unit I've got has dab how do you comet it to the old Ariel???.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Can anyone help ...if I put a new radio in my civic will the aux lead in the centre box work with it ...also the new head unit I've got has dab how do you comet it to the old Ariel???.
The Aux port wont work unless you connect it to the new radio somehow. The DAB needs its own aerial and does nt connect to the old aerial.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you remove original radio, all cable harness will stay in the car and you will add new cables to the original lines. therefore at the end, you should just have only original raido on your hands :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts