2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
shameless
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just me being me! i was faffing with display colours and thought i'd ask the question-

What colour hve you got the radio/climate display on sat/nav equipped cars

me got it set on "blue gradeation" for both day and night to match speedo and rev counter

maps- beige day time- black night time

Reactions: DUNCAN

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Menu: Silver during day and blue at night.

Map: Beige during day and blue at night.

There's a way to fully customize every colour in the maintenance menus, but I couldn't find any way to save it :(

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Menu: Silver during day and blue at night.

Map: Beige during day and blue at night.

There's a way to fully customize every colour in the maintenance menus, but I couldn't find any way to save it :(
+1

The sat nav is great in daylight, but I wish the night-time setting was clearer. Must be my old eyes!

·
shameless
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1

The sat nav is great in daylight, but I wish the night-time setting was clearer. Must be my old eyes!
if you turn sidelights on then adjust dash brightness to max you will be using daytime settings for night

*note* to all who dont yet know the dash dimmer works indepedently for day and night just set brightness with sidelights on and off;)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
if you turn sidelights on then adjust dash brightness to max you will be using daytime settings for night
I realise that I can choose 'day' or night' setting whether lights are on or not, Frank, but for me the night setting is too blue overall (and the black option is worse), and therefore not enough contrast, and the labelling appears fuzzy.

I agree that in many cases the daytime screen with min brightness is better at night, but only around towns with ambient light levels relatively high. As soon as you are out on country roads, even minimum brightness on the 'day' setting is too much (for me). Unfortunately max brightness on 'night' is not clear either!

It can be done better; my Lexus was fine, and my Garmin Nuvi handles it well, though there the night setting is almost too bright unless your turn brightness setting down to 10%.

·
shameless
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what colour have you set your map for night?
i couldnt get on with blue although my grandad could when it was his car

did you adjust the black level? strangely turning it down a little has improved things for me

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
did you adjust the black level? strangely turning it down a little has improved things for me
+1

Might be worth fiddling with the contrast and the black level if you're having trouble seeing the screen at night.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts