2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been planning my next Civic. I had a play with the car configuration tool on the Honda website and the only way that I can get i-Shift is if I select a 1.4l petrol SE model.

Tell me it ain't so!!! :eek:

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I would steer clear and go full auto - my i-shift is a nightmare. So unpredictable.

I'm wondering whether there was another update since last September as mine seems slightly worse since my March service.

The pause between changes seems longer than before.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I am told that the new full auto is a good drive.

I've not had any real issues with my i-Shift apart from a bit of hesitation getting into the next gear, but that was resolved on the first modification update.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I already own a 1.8 i-Shift and I really like it. I don't find it unpredictable because I normally drive with the flappy paddles. The only time I use the automatic mode is if I'm driving in a very "relaxed" manner and when / where the computer shifts gear isn't critical.

One of my main reasons for considering upgrading to a 2009 spec car is to get the improved i-Shift, described on this forum. I was really hoping that Honda would make an i-Shift for the 2.2 TDi.

I'll look into the 3 door, but I do like the flexibility of 5 doors. If i-Shift is only available for the 1.4, that's a really retrograde step. I'll either delay replacing my car or look elsewhere. It's a real shame, I love my Civic, it's the best car I've ever owned - and I've owned a lot of cars!! Really comfortable, fun to drive, 100% reliable and completely niggle free. I was quite looking forward to an even better Civic, now it seems they probably don't make one :(

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Ah - didn't spot you already had one. Try the 3 door - the front doors are huge and so actually make the car not as impractical as you may imagine. They also drive a bit better and the radio sounds better too!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah - didn't spot you already had one. Try the 3 door - the front doors are huge and so actually make the car not as impractical as you may imagine. They also drive a bit better and the radio sounds better too!
Thanks for the advice. I'll go and have a sit in a 3 door and see what it's like. Good point about the radio too.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I already own a 1.8 i-Shift and I really like it. I don't find it unpredictable because I normally drive with the flappy paddles. The only time I use the automatic mode is if I'm driving in a very "relaxed" manner and when / where the computer shifts gear isn't critical.

One of my main reasons for considering upgrading to a 2009 spec car is to get the improved i-Shift, described on this forum. I was really hoping that Honda would make an i-Shift for the 2.2 TDi.

I'll look into the 3 door, but I do like the flexibility of 5 doors. If i-Shift is only available for the 1.4, that's a really retrograde step. I'll either delay replacing my car or look elsewhere. It's a real shame, I love my Civic, it's the best car I've ever owned - and I've owned a lot of cars!! Really comfortable, fun to drive, 100% reliable and completely niggle free. I was quite looking forward to an even better Civic, now it seems they probably don't make one :(
Yes - it's called full Auto :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts