2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just thought I'd do the obligatory "hello". Currently driving an X Reg Accord, but ever since the Civic was described as an "Eighties spaceship" on Top Gear I have been hankering after one! Although the Accord would probably keep running for years, the imminent arrival of our first little one and Summer has provoked a change to a modern machine with better air conditioning and, of course, a better than average boot size for a car of its class. Little concerned about the rear visibility of course, but it's coming with rear parking sensors. Oh, and it's an '07 blueish silver EX; looking forward to the voice control malarkey!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Welcome to another soon-to-be blueish silver owner!:)

I had a 98 R reg 3 door Civic which would have gone on forever as well but gone blown away by the new Civic's looks.

Plenty of space for the new arrival in the new car!:)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Hello and welcome, don't worry about the rear visibility to much,you soon get used to it and it's no problem

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Hi and welcome, you'll soon get used to rear visibility, don't know about voice control I used it to start with but now find it easier not to, I think it's a bit of a gimmick really.

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome!!

Good colour you have chosen! Plenty of room for the little one and all the paraphranalia (sp?) that they bring.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi EX,

welcome to civinfo.

Again don't worry about the rear visibility issue as it is more than compensated by the huge wing mirrors. You get used to it and to be honest the only time you REALLY need a rear view is when parking - otherwise it should be eye's forward most of the time ( obviously apart from checking your rear view mirror whilst driving :))

The car sounds great and I am sure you will have fun with the voice activation part :).

Dont' forget to post some photo's of your car when you get it.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi and welcome to civinfo. :)

As others have said you will get used the the rear visibility, I don't even think about it now. You're right, the boot is huge, even though I have used the lower part of it for the spacesaver spare, there is still plenty of room. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome one and all. I understand the Civic comes with "magic gunk" to use instead of a spare, but does it actually come with the spare as standard as well? Just hoping this new arrival beats our other new arrival!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Hello all, just thought I'd do the obligatory "hello". Currently driving an X Reg Accord, but ever since the Civic was described as an "Eighties spaceship" on Top Gear I have been hankering after one! Although the Accord would probably keep running for years, the imminent arrival of our first little one and Summer has provoked a change to a modern machine with better air conditioning and, of course, a better than average boot size for a car of its class. Little concerned about the rear visibility of course, but it's coming with rear parking sensors. Oh, and it's an '07 blueish silver EX; looking forward to the voice control malarkey!
1, Don't worry about the rear visability it's fine, especially if you have parking sensors. The wing mirrors are huge !! so you can see plenty.
2, the front pillars are something to watch on roundabouts they create a black spot for bikes, etc. until you get used to them
3, plenty of boot space. Bigger than the Golf, etc. and low down so very easy to lift things in.
4, Air Con fantastic, if you have the Auto Climate control fitted.
5, Nice colour, easy to keep looking clean.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the site

1 - 13 of 13 Posts