2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the FN2 for about 8 months now but the wife is the main driver.She doesn't use all the performance,complains about it not having 4 doors (and the front seats losing their settings when moved!),the jolty ride around town and the sub 30mpg.
I might consider selling but I paid a lot for it and would only sell if I could get a decent price privately,obviously the dealer price would be low.
The thing is it's an exceptional car...Sept 11 (61) but now showing only 8k miles(it had done less that 2k miles in 2 1/2 years when I became the second owner ,no faults,unmarked inside and out,wants for nothing and generally like a 6 month old car.Three Honda services stamped in the book.Totally standard GT in Milano,no mods.
Possibly the latest,lowest mileage and best standard FN2 there is?
Being a late car it has the standard LSD.
I'll not say what my price expectations are,but if your opinions as to price don't thrill me then I'll forget about selling.
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
It always comes down to price really.

If you want strong money for it you will need to be prepared to wait, sometimes it can take months. Especially with a car like the fn2 where you're looking at aimited market vs some eco box £0 bed mega mpgzzzzz effort

What's most important really is not to put it up for an unrealistically high sum, you'll just end up pitting people off who might otherwise keep it in mind.

For a real rough reconner on price fire it into we buy any car then add on about £1k-1500

Taking a total punt, for a private sale somewhere between 9.5-11k

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
If you are thinking of selling why not start a for sale thread?l and see if you get any interest?

Different people will have different opinions but if you use glass's guide or something like that you'll get an indication of roughly how much to expect.

You probably won't get what you think you should but that's just the way it is with cars.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,423 Posts
Correct

Post it in the cars for sale section and see what interest you get. I'll close this before it becomes a for sale thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.