2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our new Civic last october and have so far done just over 4k miles. We try to look after it as best we can.
On Saturday we went to do our shopping at our local Tesco. We loaded up the car and started to reverse out of the parking bay. Unfotunatly the guy opposite us started to reverse out as well. I saw him and stopped but he didn't. So now we have a nasty big dent in the rear drivers side door.

Fast forward to this morning. The guy from the repair shop called out to photograph the damage. While examening the car he noticed some chips on the front bumper and that it was pushed out slightly on the passengers side. He asked my partner if this happened at the same time. Obviously someone has reversed into the car last night.

They say things sometimes happen in three's. A while back I noticed some scratches on the passengers side rear door, probably caused by a shopping trolley or handbag. so hopefully this bumper damage is the third and not the second of three.

Is there something about new cars that just attracts clumsy and careless people? :scream1:

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Really sorry to hear about the damage and hope you can get it fixed ASAP.

Nothing like being hit whilst you are down with the front bumper,eh?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
Just couldn't believe it when I saw it, Twice in the one weekend.
I thought it was Friday the thirteenth that was unlucky, not the days after it :p

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I can't believe it, that's gutting. I've noticed (in the light when admiring the car from indoors no less) a very small dent, likely from a door opened next to me. Makes my heart sink. Could probably get it pulled out easily enough but just the thought of someone dinging the car makes me despair.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said we're getting a courtesy car tomorrow. The guy that called out said the accident on Saturday would most likely be classed as 50/50.

The only thing is, this is a motobility car so it hopefully won't cost more than our excess.

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
If you think you had it bad, this happened to mine 1 month after I got it by a driver who hit it while it was parked near my home & didn't leave details...........Sucks the big one & bang went the no-claims bonus!!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks nasty alright. My sister suggested phoning the police regarding the bumper damage but that would probably be a waste of time. Even if you did find the vehicle that matched the colour of paint (very small patch of light blue paint), it's highly likely there is no damage at all to it.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
If you think you had it bad, this happened to mine 1 month after I got it by a driver who hit it while it was parked near my home & didn't leave details...........Sucks the big one & bang went the no-claims bonus!!
That looks nasty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts