Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Buy Other Make/Model

Votes: 6 8.8%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jusy wondering as most of the members like the Civic how many of us would buy another?

·
estranged
391 Posts
I'd get another Civic, depending on what the facelift model looks like (about 3 years from now I reckon).

Failing that, I'd probably go for the Accord, or maybe even the new CRV (Honda have a pretty good line up right now).

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Can I go for 'yes, as long as they read the "what should there be on the next Civic" thread in here'? :wink:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, but from a different dealer!
Did you not get yours from Springfield in Sunderland? I thought they were good. Springfield Durham certainly are...[smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Early days for us (Accord Tourer 29 days/1700 miles + Civic 16 days/ 1050 miles), but so far it's been pretty good. Total reliability for the Accord and dodgy shocks apart, just the duff reversing sensors on the Civic.

Both have plenty of room (I'm 6'3" and weigh FarTooManyStones), drive well and whilst not as economical as we'd hoped, are saving over £4600 a year on our previous cars. So far we'd definitely buy another - 2 probably! :)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Toonman, got my last Civic from Springfield Sunderland when I was living in Ponteland. Discount on price, discount on Mul-T-Lock, free car mats, flowers when I went to collect. My previous car had been written off and I needed a car quickly as I was working in Ashington at the time. I couldn't get hold of my first choice colour of silver and the dealer went out of his way to get me a Milano red one, second choice colour. I couldn't fault them at all.

I got this one from deVries. No discount, so okay, I got it in March and it was new on the market but they wouldn't give me car mats. Don't think it applies to every deVries dealership though, just this one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We didn't think much of deVries in Stockton-on-Tees. Total indifference when I walked in (Sunday morning dress down), big sell during and after the test drive (Civic Type R back in '03), so we bought another Impreza WRX!

This time we didn't even bother to check them out - for either Honda purchase - despite them being the closer dealer (12 miles vs 24 for Springfield Durham). Nice to hear your opinion; thanks. :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
next year i want to change, its between a new civic the new nissan small 4x4 qasqai, the new volvo c30 and the new mini

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes - I would buy another, but not without a good look at other offerings. I would be more inclined to go straight to the Civic IF the following poor points were attended to:

The refinement - especially road noise was improved
The build quality (panel fit, rattles etc) was improved
The interior materials especially the 'fake aluminium' and easily scratched dash were improved
A decent autobox was available on the diesel (I'm not personally an I-shift fan)
Redesign of rear to improve visibility and prevent being showered in wet weather
Addition of a much needed rear wiper
Provision of a spare wheel as standard

I would want to see the following good features retained:

Space in a neat package
Blend of performance with economy
Good control layout
Mechanical refinement

·
Registered
172 Posts
My first car was a Accord, my second car was the new Accord (2003) and my current car is a the Civic (spec below). I've got to say though, there is a vast difference in the range of Honda's.

I absolutely loved my last Accord, 2.4i EX auto, fully loaded and VERY quick, however, the one I have now has more gadgets in it and a MUCH better Sat Nav system and the screen in my Civic also reads the name of the CD (normal CD, MP3, or WMA), I just love it.

Not too sure if I'll stick with Honda forever - however, having said that all the cars I've owned have been Honda's and the experience I've had (both drivng and owning) with them have been very satisfying.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts