2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Wrapping rear light housing

3K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  ikbenben 
#1 ·
Done by a pro for only 50 bucks, whole taillight wrap + smoke part :surprise:

Next I might consider black wrap the chrome window trim...

See less See more
#3 ·
tbgint ook zo stillekes aan door te dringen :)

over Keans:

'Moet je van ver komen?

Anders zou ik aanraden om eens tot hier te komen zodanig we alles eens kunnen bespreken wat al de opties zijn.

mvg
'

To be continued, wie weet weet ik zaterdag dus meer.

#5 ·
tbgint ook zo stillekes aan door te dringen :)
over Keans:
'Moet je van ver komen?
Anders zou ik aanraden om eens tot hier te komen zodanig we alles eens kunnen bespreken wat al de opties zijn.
mvg
'
To be continued, wie weet weet ik zaterdag dus meer.
Told you :wink3:

In fact yesterday I saw on their FB page that they fitted a ST coilover set to a Civic. That's the sister brand of KW.

#7 ·
I believe the ST suspension comes at around 900€. A KW set would be >1000€.
Off course they will see it...adjustable rings, yellow springs,...:laugh2:
It is allowed as long as there is enough ground clearance and all the necessary papers are there.
You can set the height as you want. When you need to go to the MOT you set it at legal height and there is no problem, it's that simple.

#9 ·
I did found this interesting link from All4Honda: A full ST SUSPENSION COILOVERS set for 767 euro....
https://www.all4honda.com/en/st-suspension-coilovers-st-x-civic-2017-1-5-fk7

Interesting note in the describtion:
TUV approval and GOCA papers are available on request. 0:)

Somehow these adjustable coilovers would be an exeption on the rule that height adjustable suspension is not allowed?
Very confusing all this.

edit:
strangely, unfortunatelly not compatible with my 1.0L :frown2:
Wich is strange, I dont believe that the suspension components are different between our cars? or are they?

I also wonder, does the 1.5L have bigger brake discs than the 1.0L?

#8 ·
what would lowering springs only be? I've read around 400 dollars?

But If I'm not mistaken, when installing lowering spring you gotta have a camber kit as well right? And thats aroun 300 dollars?

A coilover set is complete and you dont need anything else? (+you can adjust the height manually)

Are you sure adjustable coilovers are allowed? I've read that it has to be a fixed system.
I quote:
'indien de vering in hoogte regelbaar is, moet deze veer op correcte wijze geborgd zijn, zodanig dat geen andere afstelling van de ophanging mogelijk is dan deze waarbij de bodemvrijheid van de niet-elastisch vervormbare onderdelen tenminste 11cm bedraagt'​
http://www.goca.be/upload/communiques_de_presse/Persbericht_02-04-2004.pdf

So maybe a coilover system is not forbidden as such, as long as you fix the height of your height adjustable system :)
All well if they dont inspect your components, but if they do, you're basically ****ed.

Saturday I will meet with Keans, and I am curious to hear what he has to say about what I just told you.

#10 ·
what would lowering springs only be? I've read around 400 dollars?

But If I'm not mistaken, when installing lowering spring you gotta have a camber kit as well right? And thats aroun 300 dollars?
Yes, around 300/400€ springs only.

I believe with Eibach Pro's the lowering is just enough so that the rear camber falls in between spec.

Interesting note in the describtion:
TUV approval and GOCA papers are available on request. 0:)

Somehow these adjustable coilovers would be an exeption on the rule that height adjustable suspension is not allowed?
Very confusing all this.

edit:
strangely, unfortunatelly not compatible with my 1.0L :frown2:
Wich is strange, I dont believe that the suspension components are different between our cars? or are they?

I also wonder, does the 1.5L have bigger brake discs than the 1.0L?
It's not an exception, coilovers are allowed when all papers are available. I've had coilovers before and had no problem. But not all brands deliver papers with them, those are not legal for the MOT.

Can't say if there is a difference between the 1.0 and 1.5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.