2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just doing the air filter on my L13Z1 and noticed the housing has this passage that bypasses(?) the air filter? It just goes up into the second part of housing and towards the throttle area. Is this right, wrong or just a sound deadening/vacuum thing and nothing to worry about?
0CF0D97C-AFE9-487C-98F3-9A0D84BA6F4A.jpeg
AF14D62F-E74F-46BF-AAF6-CBC7416D87AC.jpeg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hard to say for sure because I can’t get inside it properly and the second part of the housing doesn’t disassemble but the area I’ve marked yellow is a sort of gap that goes all around and down to that area (if it is indeed a gap) unless it’s just a sort of ‘guttering’ design otherwise I don’t know why there would be that dead space in there or bypass

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I might have worked it out and driven myself crazy for nothing, this is underneath. It looks like its in case the airbox gets flooded and it can overflow and out of these holes.. unless someone can tell otherwise

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I wouldn't worry about anything under the air filter, it's the stuff on top that needs to be air tight as it goes into the engine.

Might have bigger things to worry about if water ever got that high up the engine bay!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts