2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys & Girls!

Something you've all been waiting patiently for! We managed to get a customer to 'lend' us his Civic this weekend to do a few tests with our new Philips Lumileds range of LED Headlight Kits.

A lot of you were a bit unsure about the beam pattern effect when fitted to a Civic, but we have done the tests for you! Of course you will never get the exact beam pattern from any LED bulb when in comparison with halogen bulbs, but we think its safe to say these are a very very close match!

Sadly we couldn't take pictures at night as it wasn't our personal vehicle and time was limited. But these daytime shots do really show off the results.

As for fitment, these do fit the Civic and we would recommend taking the headlights out to fit them. It can be done via the engine bay, if you have small hands and a lot of patience. The retaining clip has to be taken out and fitted around the bulb and then refitted into its place. So if you lose this during fitting then it will be a bumper off job, which you can just do in the first place! :p

Pictures as below!

The bulbs: -

Fitted in place: -

All connected up, the LED driver can be simply dropped into the headlamp, it is very small: -

How it looks before: -

How it looks with the LEDs in place: -

The beam pattern comparison: -

Here is the link to the product as below: -

3RD GENERATION : H7 Philips Lumileds LUXEON Headlight LED Kit - 2500 Lumens

Also many of you may be wondering how the copper braids work, well here is a perfect example from a BMW F10, of how they can be placed in order to allow you to close the back cover on the headlamps: -

For those who want to get rid of the yellow bulbs, then these are the perfect replacements without overpowering your lights with Xenons, which will do nothing but cause excessive glare!

P.S Dont forget the Cree LED Sidelight Bulbs, which will be the perfect accompany to these Philips kits!

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-leds/wedge-cree-leds/T10-501-W5W-cree

As always, it will be quicker to get a response on [email protected] or by dropping us a PM and we will get back to you!

Thanks for looking,

Horizon LEDs

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
In a Honda without OEM xenons, how would this compare to a standard HID conversion?

Would be a good idea to see a comparison on a civic (one bulb HID and the other a Luxeon lumiled)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
...Of course you will never get the exact beam pattern from any LED bulb when in comparison with halogen bulbs, but we think its safe to say these are a very very close match!

http://s399.photobucket.com/user/J4JAV/media/IMG_4672_zps1tsw73mi.jpg.html

http://s399.photobucket.com/user/J4...72_6307732535499538826_o_zpsw8jzapbw.jpg.html

Sorry but I wouldn;t call that a 'very very close match' for beam pattern and spread...

The height and direction may be adjustable but the spread and illumination coverage / eveness is nowhere near the same.

I'd imagine the glare with a reflector designed for halogens is bad.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts

I was looking at the beam pattern that is now very different so my question is do these pass an MOT and are they road legal etc, for sure the LED is very different to the beam pattern of the HID fitted in the FN2 which is a very similar headlight

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at the beam pattern that is now very different so my question is do these pass an MOT and are they road legal etc, for sure the LED is very different to the beam pattern of the HID fitted in the FN2 which is a very similar headlight
Hey Rick,

Yes the beam pattern is a lot better, there is no way to get the same beam pattern as a halogen fitting as you can appreciate especially when we are talking about two different technologies.

As for MOT we can't comment on that just yet as no one has reported back to us about this. Having said this we sell everything as off road use only, just as all LED suppliers should be doing. We have a massive worldwide following and customer base so can't really offer that kind of advice as it varied a lot.

More than happy for one of you guys to try them out and report back?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In a Honda without OEM xenons, how would this compare to a standard HID conversion?

Would be a good idea to see a comparison on a civic (one bulb HID and the other a Luxeon lumiled)
HIDs will always be brighter, they are very very powerful and cause glare in reflector lens. Customers who want to avoid this use LEDs. It would be pointless us testing them side by side with Xenons... especially on reflector lens.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry but I wouldn;t call that a 'very very close match' for beam pattern and spread...

The height and direction may be adjustable but the spread and illumination coverage / eveness is nowhere near the same.

I'd imagine the glare with a reflector designed for halogens is bad.
Every customer requests are different and we have already sold a large batch of these to a car tuner in California based on these pictures, you will never get the exact same beam pattern as halogen bulbs without sticking to halogen bulbs.

As mentioned, for those who want LED lights then you will not get closer than this, until of course a new product is designed. This are simply targeted to those who want the same brightness as halogen bulbs, but want then to be white as opposed to yellow. These don't cause the type of glare like HIDs, thats what a lot are trying to avoid.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Everyone,

As many of you will have recently noticed, the forum simply looks like a minefield when it comes to bulbs and LED options, we have now decided to go in line with the existing professional online traders by having our BRAND NEW dedication section of the forum.

We are a company and not simply a member on the forum which sell bulbs on a part time basis. Therefore this was the best way forward for us.

Please do watch this space as we will be shortly updating our section of the forum as well as our existing thread. Link as below:

Horizon LEDs - Civinfo

Have a good Easter!

Regards,

HorizonLEDs

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another happy customer, this time with our Original Gen 1 Cree LED Headlamp Kits, check out the review from this customer: -

"Having bought the HB3/9005's for my Mazda 5 I was looking forward to these being just as good and I wasn't disappointed! The beam is much brighter, wider, focussed and powerful than the factory fitted halogen's. These H4's were fitted to my wife's Picanto and the job was done in the hour. The hardest job being to get the light units out. Here in Guernsey there's precious little street lighting most of what there is is turned off from midnight to 0600L and so these are a very welcome upgrade I can tell you!"

Product used as below -

1ST GENERATION : H4 (Hi/Lo) CREE Headlight LED Kit - 2589 Lumens

Big thanks to Carl for also sharing these pictures with us: -

As always, if you have any questions please drop us an email on [email protected] for a faster response, we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks For Looking!

HorizonLEDs

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big thank you to Ben for sharing these rather professionally taken pictures of his stunning E90!

This E90 has been fitted with our BMW Cree LED Angel Eyes, Gen 3 H7 Philips LED Headlight Kit to Low & High Beams and also our Gen 2 Cree LED Headlamp Kit for the Fog Lights. Below are further details of the products fitted to this particular vehicle: -

Angel Eyes

Buy BMW Angel Eyes | BMW LED Angel Eyes | CREE LED | E90 E91 LCI

Low (Dipped) Beams & High (Main) Beams - both the beams use the H7, this car has our new & latest Gen 3 H7 Philips Lumileds kit fitted.

3RD GENERATION : H7 Philips Lumileds LUXEON Headlight LED Kit - 2500 Lumens

Fog Lights - the brightest option available is the LED Headlight Kit, you can however use the standard Cree LED Bulbs we sell too.

2ND GENERATION : HB4/9006 CREE Headlight LED Kit - 3200 Lumens

Pictures as below: -

As always do drop us an email to [email protected] if you have any questions about fitment to your car, always more than happy to help and point you in the right direction! :thumsup:

Horizon LEDs

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something you've all been waiting for, a proper review for our LED Headlight Kits and Cree LED Fog Lights, thanks to James & Richard from Turbo Autos! Big credit to these guys :thumsup:

Do visit them and hit the subscribe button!

www.TurboAutos.co.uk

Check out the YouTube video as below: -

Products used in this review as below: -

Gen 2 Cree LED Headlight Kits

2nd Generation CREE LED Headlight Kit | 3200 Lumens | H1, H4, H7, H8, H9, H11, H13, 9004, HB3 9005, HB4 9006, 9007

Gen 3 Philips Headlight Kits

3RD GENERATION

H11 Cree LED Fog Light Bulbs

H11 CREE LED Fog Light | LED Bulbs | High Power LEDs | 15W, 30W & 50W

Some pictures taken by them during fitment as below: -

As always, drop us an email at [email protected] if you need any help!

Thanks,

Horizon LEDs

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Not to be missed, FREE SHIPPING for every single order, valid this bank holiday weekend only, expires on Monday 4th May at 23:59 GMT! Includes worldwide shipping too!

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hey Everyone,

We have reduced the price of our GEN 1 Cree LED Headlight Kits by 30%!

This really is a one off promotion and is strictly whilst stocks last. The GEN 1 Cree LED is kit is our bestselling LED Headlight Kit which was once priced similar to the GEN 3 Philips LED Kit.

Today you can have this kit for the fraction of the price, and its still the same brightness output as the GEN 3 Philips Kit and backed by the same warranty.

Models included in this promotion are listed as below, all 6000K models (Pure Daylight White): -

H1
H4
H7
H8
H9
H11
H13
H16
HB4/9006

Stock of these will run out fast so please do make your decision ASAP to avoid disappointment. All coupon codes are also valid in conjunction with this promotion, so drop us a PM and we will give you the discount code to get them even cheaper!

Link to the products as below: -

1st Generation CREE LED Headlight Kit | 2589 Lumens | H1, H4, H7, H8, H9, H11, H13, 9004, HB3 9005, HB4 9006, 9007

Remember these can too be used as Fog Lights, some examples below: -

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.677158005745436.1073741872.122106467917262&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.647284308732806.1073741863.122106467917262&type=3

Videos of them in action here, check out our YouTube page for more: -

As always if you have any questions please just ask, we are available on [email protected] so drop us an email directly for a faster response.

Thanks For Looking!

Horizon LEDs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Rick,

Yes the beam pattern is a lot better, there is no way to get the same beam pattern as a halogen fitting as you can appreciate especially when we are talking about two different technologies.

As for MOT we can't comment on that just yet as no one has reported back to us about this. Having said this we sell everything as off road use only, just as all LED suppliers should be doing. We have a massive worldwide following and customer base so can't really offer that kind of advice as it varied a lot.

More than happy for one of you guys to try them out and report back?

Cheers
Hi there. Im open for sponsor to test your kit on my BMW F30 M SPORT.

Please pm me if you are still looking for one.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi there. Im open for sponsor to test your kit on my BMW F30 M SPORT.

Please pm me if you are still looking for one.

Hi,

Yes sure, drop us an email on [email protected] and we will be more than happy to offer something.

Cheers,

Joe

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a gentle reminder for your all, 15% off entire store promotion is still on - its never been a good time to purchase your LED bulbs/kits!

Minimum Spend £50, orders below £50 can use our 5% off code HORIZON5.

Thanks!​

1 - 17 of 17 Posts