2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some research and read all the installation guides and have decided to go for the x-carlink. Double din is too expensive, Parrot MKI9200 will look rubbish having bits and pieces over the dashboard. this is the cleanest, neatest and most cost effective way of getting USB playback in the car. I used to have one in my golf and it worked great there.

What i would like to know is if anyone out there has bought the bluetooth option, and if so is it any good? worth the extra £40?

Thanks, :popcorn2::popcorn:

·
The Ginga Ninga
126 Posts
I had the xcarlink & Bluetooth in my last car. It's ok but gets confused every now & then. You'll need to tell the phone to connect to it a couple of times

I went for a mki 9200 & unika box for the civic. Totally different bit of kit & well worth it.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I have hat the XCARLINK with bluetooth for about a year and a half now and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, i'm definately going to get the bluetooth option now :)
Think i might see about a group buy or a discount voucher.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oooh, a group buy on the Xcarlink???

Thanks for the input guys, i'm definately going to get the bluetooth option now :)
Think i might see about a group buy or a discount voucher.
I'm interested in an Xcarlink (no bluetooth, just the MP3 module and cable for sat nav version) and may be swayed if a group buy was on the cards (if that helps your negotiations!). Keep us informed as am close to ordering something!

Dave

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I just need a new iPod/iPhone connector/charger for my XCARLINK as mine was damaged today by a retard that I was giving a ride to! If anyone happens to have an extra one lying around....

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I was looking at getting of these xcarlink systems and was wondering how easy they are to install? I have no experience of taking my car apart so was thinking of getting xcarlink to install themselves or get Honda.

Also I have a bluetooth system already connected to my car that was added after factory. It looks like this:

Would the 2 be compatible or do they require the same port in the stereo. Would the xcarlink splitter get around this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Hi All,

I was looking at getting of these xcarlink systems and was wondering how easy they are to install? I have no experience of taking my car apart so was thinking of getting xcarlink to install themselves or get Honda.

Also I have a bluetooth system already connected to my car that was added after factory. It looks like this:

Would the 2 be compatible or do they require the same port in the stereo. Would the xcarlink splitter get around this issue?

Many thanks in advance!
I have both, and I use the Honda one for calls and the XCARLINK for the music!!!

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts