2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, so I installed the XCarLink iPod interface into my civic (some great ‘how to’ guides on here so thanks to those who compiled them) and I’m using an XCarLink Bluetooth module that I got a couple of years ago with it (unused). It connects to my phone fine and streams music perfectly however when I get a call I can answer and I can hear the other person but they can’t hear me, has anyone experienced this before?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
as @piasek says but also if you are using an iPhone you also need to check that the car is in Xcarlink mode and not phone mode.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Sounds like a mic issue then, I would check the connection and if that fails try a new mic.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
i am just thinking about handsfree solution, dont really need usb/aux already got it in my FL civic, but wondering, if i stream music from my phone, can you see id3 tags on display? also is it possible to make it work with MFD display? i mean the phone service, to see number/name of callers, battery statrus, network status, etc, etc ?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Not with Xcarkink, it just displays cdc and track one. As for the phone bio etc the same. You can only see on your phone.
The only wa6 to see that lot is an after market DD that’s supports android and iPhone CarPlay.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Not with Xcarkink, it just displays cdc and track one. As for the phone bio etc the same. You can only see on your phone.
The only wa6 to see that lot is an after market DD that’s supports android and iPhone CarPlay.

oh well, so have to find FL original bluetooth set, would really have everything " integrated " as factory and the info on MFD is nice .. just wondering, if they are pre-wired for this installation...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts