2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there folks!
i have a question regarding the XCarlink Compatibility with my 2007 Honda Civic Type S GT 2.2
now i know the type S GT is supposed to have an ipod connection but mind doesnt, ive checked the paper work and it is a type S GT infact it has every optional extra but the ipod! the previous owner went that far with the spec and then fell short?
anyhow thats the background the truth is, i would like to play my ipod through my civic speakers without muffled FM transmitters. my civic has a CD radio, handfree telephone, voice activated commands (probably part of HFT), Sat Nav & a reversing camera. what i want to make sure is that if i install the XCarlink i will still be able to use ALL of these (not bothered about voice commands but as i said its probably built into HFT) have i run out of sockets or ports or is there some modification that needs doing, im fairly competent in fitting it, i would just like to know if im barking up the wrong tree before i order it.

looking forward to your responses and thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
My XCarlink came with the correct Y cable

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Hi
Guys just jumping on this thread. I bought my Civic last weekend and it has Xcarlink installed. Is it a case of plug in and play. I have the Bluetooth for receiving calls and the iphone/ipod 4 connector (need to upgrade this to iphone5).

Is it that easy as its already installed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts