2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone whishing to connect an iPod or Mp3 to any honda factory radio I would recommend Xcarlink, their website is XCarLink

I bought one and it works great!! and does not cost as much as the other kits on the market such as connects2. Their customer support is also excellent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ipod Kit recommendation

Hi All,
I purchased an ipod andapter from XCarLink and I am delighted with it. It connects directly to the Cd changer port and you can control the ipod and select playlists etc. :)

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
do you get the extra lead for EX owners?

·
estranged
391 Posts
I'm not sure that kit is for the 2006 onwards Civic, unless the same picture is being used for all types. It also states that the same kit is used for other models in the Honda range... so I say false alarm :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I forgot to mention, i fitted it to a 2004 (04 Reg) Honda Civic CTDi SE. Im not sure about the 2006 model, however the connector looks the same as the link posted by gray52 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6673&rd=1&rd=1

However I didn't come with an extra lead, Im not sure if it would be supplied if requested, guess the only way to find out is to ask! I do not have a SatNav system.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
and does not cost as much as the other kits on the market such as connects2.
£70!

Connects2 is not restricted to ipods, and costs £34.

I notice that Xcarlink is run by Digibuys. Going to come clean, jblue?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Please be aware that it appears that jblue is not a customer of digibuys/xcarlink, but most likely the owner.

·
Registered
712 Posts
For anyone whishing to connect an iPod or Mp3 to any honda factory radio I would recommend Xcarlink, their website is XCarLink

I bought one and it works great!! and does not cost as much as the other kits on the market such as connects2. Their customer support is also excellent.

While it looks good it certainly is not cheaper than a Connects2 which can be bought for less than £40 (well mine was anyway), does seem to offer better functionality. If you don't have an iPod though another £75 for thr MP3/USB adapter is bloody expensive.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
plus, of course, the minor matter that it may not actually work with our Civics...

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
After many emails and photos sent the rather helpful chap at Xcarlink is confident that the system is compatable with our Civics although unless actually tested is still unknown.

The problem is the display, if info was displayed it would probably be on the smaller radio/clock screen.

Full refund available if it doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
After many emails and photos sent the rather helpful chap at Xcarlink is confident that the system is compatable with our Civics although unless actually tested is still unknown.

The problem is the display, if info was displayed it would probably be on the smaller radio/clock screen.

Full refund available if it doesn't work.
So you gonna give it a go CP? :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts