2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so rather than get a double din I pose the question;
Could 'Honda USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V' with say a portable 250gb HDD be interfaced with an android variant tablet?

I have no need for a doubledin to be honest and just getting the xcarlink and a HDD is considerably cheaper. Plus, I want a tablet PC anyway.
Incase you're not too sure what I mean;

Install the Xcarlink and have the HDD in the box by your left arm. Then, via bluetooth, connect to the xcarlink+HDD and change songs with a nice GUI.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Not sure a HD would help that much why not just us sd card or usb. The main problem is you can only have 99 mp3's and around 10 folders so thats 999 in total this would fit all most media of a decent size ie 16gb

You can get a blue tooth module for that xcarlink and I think use that on tablet if its got bluetooth. I just got a motorola xoom for £249 which can do this and also has gps and satnav software

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The HDD would obviously hold more data and I do have 18gb of music at the moment and it's ever increasing.
I've already got my own satnav hence why I'd rather not get a doubledin

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Yes it could hold more data but as I said I think the most you can get is 10 folders with 999 mp3's which would mean you got a lot of unused space

I too have a sat nav came with car, Honda brand but made by Garmin Nuvi. I also have a tablet pc using android, which Like I said can be used for music, satnav etc etc

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Okay, so rather than get a double din I pose the question;
Could 'Honda USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V' with say a portable 250gb HDD be interfaced with an android variant tablet?

I have no need for a doubledin to be honest and just getting the xcarlink and a HDD is considerably cheaper. Plus, I want a tablet PC anyway.
Incase you're not too sure what I mean;

Install the Xcarlink and have the HDD in the box by your left arm. Then, via bluetooth, connect to the xcarlink+HDD and change songs with a nice GUI.
So are you going ahead with this.... It will be interesting to follow your progress :)

Remember to post pics!

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Bog - I think I'm going to go with a parrot and used BT for my music because from what Shrek101 said, you can only have 999 songs.
Plus I have 'TuneIn Radio Pro' on my phone so I also use digital radio.
The easiest option seems to be BT and use a tablet/my phone as the storage medium.

@Shrek101 - That to me, seems far too intrusive. I don't really want to have anything sticking out like that. But, I did consider that option :)

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
Or you could just by a second hand iPod classic off of eBay for less than £100.
I've got 126Gb of music at my fingertips in the armrest which is more than enough!

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or you could just by a second hand iPod classic off of eBay for less than £100.
I've got 126Gb of music at my fingertips in the armrest which is more than enough!
I hate apple :) I got rid of my iphone to turn to android! Never going to look back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.