2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Xcarlink, HD and a tablet question.

Technical 
2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  GoatMasterUK 
#1 ·
Okay, so rather than get a double din I pose the question;
Could 'Honda USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V' with say a portable 250gb HDD be interfaced with an android variant tablet?

I have no need for a doubledin to be honest and just getting the xcarlink and a HDD is considerably cheaper. Plus, I want a tablet PC anyway.
Incase you're not too sure what I mean;

Install the Xcarlink and have the HDD in the box by your left arm. Then, via bluetooth, connect to the xcarlink+HDD and change songs with a nice GUI.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
The HDD would obviously hold more data and I do have 18gb of music at the moment and it's ever increasing.
I've already got my own satnav hence why I'd rather not get a doubledin

Discussion starter · #7 ·
@Bog - I think I'm going to go with a parrot and used BT for my music because from what Shrek101 said, you can only have 999 songs.
Plus I have 'TuneIn Radio Pro' on my phone so I also use digital radio.
The easiest option seems to be BT and use a tablet/my phone as the storage medium.

@Shrek101 - That to me, seems far too intrusive. I don't really want to have anything sticking out like that. But, I did consider that option :)

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Or you could just by a second hand iPod classic off of eBay for less than £100.
I've got 126Gb of music at my fingertips in the armrest which is more than enough!
I hate apple :) I got rid of my iphone to turn to android! Never going to look back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.