2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my xcarlink today as per the how2 on the forum :D

I'm using an SD card with a bunch of songs tucked up into the virtual CD folders that it tells you to do CD01, CD02 etc.... However, it appears to be skipping every even numbered track when ever the song is finished or I change the track but it is actually playing the next song in the list....

Example:

Track 1 is playing song A on playlist, I change up to track 2, after a couple of seconds it will skip that and move to track 3 and play song B on playlist.

Anybody know what I've done wrong here?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I eventually worked it out :D

It's because I use a Mac and they create another invisible file called a fork. This invisible file was trying to be played by the Xcarlink device which it couldn't so skipped the track to the mp3. I found a way to delete these forks on the SD card once i'd put my mp3's on there. Now it works perfectly.

For all you Mac users you will need to type the following into your Terminal:

find /Volumes/MP3 -type f -name ".*" -delete -print

Where 'MP3' is replaced with whatever you've named your media device.

If anybody has any problems with this let me know and I'll be glad to help :D

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
I don't get how my Xcarlink is sorting my songs off my ipod it's put it into "CD" sections 1 to not got to end yet I have about 1000 songs on ipod it's annoying cuz I don't know roughly what song is coming up next because it's like on shuffle there's no logic order to the songs that r playing
I'll probs start using Aux in so I can control iPod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.